June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Challenge Crazy!!!!!!!

Hey there Gang!!!!!!! I've been sooo super busy this week!!!! There are so many challenges I'm trying to complete AND keep up with the Blog Hop!!!!!! It's been pretty crazy!!!! Any who, I thought I'd share a couple of my projects with you  :-) 
The first one is a combined challenge I completed for Colorful Creations and Simple Scrapper (http://www.simplescrapper.com/challenge/).  For Colorful Creations I had to complete a red, white, and blue layout using the sketch posted below.  I also had to tie in some starts and stripes.  For the Simple Scrapper challenge, I only had to make a page using red,white, and blue without making it "4th of July" themed.  Sooooo, I had my work cut out for me :-)
I started by using K&Company paper for the background (both the red and blue papers) and trimming the blue one to make a large die-cut.  I used another of the same red paper and cut it for the mat behind the top photo.  I matted the second photo with paper from Cloud9 Design.  I also used the Cloud9 paper to make a rosette (which I messed up slightly with the punch I used) and for the piece behind both of the photos.  The banner is also made from the same Cloud9 paper stack.  Then I added some ribbons and bows and voila!!!!! I completed both challenges in one!  
Here is the sketch...

And here is my take on it... isn't she darling?!?!?!


The second project I completed was for another combined challenge with Colorful Creations and Sketch Inspiration (http://sketchinspiration.ning.com/).  The challenge at Colorful Creations was to create a Christmas in July page!!!! How fun!!!! I used sketch#329 from Sketch Inspiration to complete this page and I am VERY pleased with the results!!!! The papers are from Paper Pizazz and a Recollections "All Seasons" paper pad.  The embellishments are from various K&Company packs and the letters to make the title are from Recollections as well.  
Here is the sketch...

And here is my page!!!!! Doesn't it just make you want to sing a Christmas tune????


And the lastly, I bring you a very special card I made.  My uncle's birthday is today and I am on my way to West Palm Beach to go see him (plus I can't turn down a good manicotti!).  He loves lighthouses so I figured this would be the perfect summer themed card!!!! I completed a Blog Hop challenge for one of our FABULOUS Design Team members over at Colorful Creations.  You can check out her and her amazing work at http://www.paperboutiquescrapbookingstudio.blogspot.com/.  
The challenge was to make a project using the following criteria:
1. Cardstock
2. Something transparent or translucent (it can be vellum)
3. Remnants of pattern paper ( use your stash!
4. Bling ( see the fish eye)
5. Glitter (see the top of the waves) or Stickles
6. Create you title using a stamp 
I started with a standard 5x7 card using white cardstock and covered the front using beach-wood pattern paper.  Then I took a beach theme pattern paper and cut out a piece to use as a picture for this cover (isn't it soo pretty?).  I matted the paper using white and tan cardstock, inking the sides for depth. The lighthouse, birds, and "buoy" string are from a Recollections pack I purchased at Michaels.  I added "bling" to the top of the lighthouse to mimic "light" and clear glitter glue to the buoys to tie in the "glitter" part of the challenge.  I also added "vellum" clouds to the top and a digi stamp as my title.  I colored the round stamp to look like a lifesaver!!!!!!! It turned out really neat!!!! Hope you enjoy... Thanks for stopping by and have a LUCKY day :-)


2 comments:

  1. Wow Brandi you have outdone yourself girl this is just fantastic, ALL of it. I am sure your uncle will love your card. Thanks so much for such an awesome entry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Milagros!!!! I appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete