June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mid Month Sketch at Colorful Creations with Prima's Time Traveler Collection!!!

Hello all!!!  It has been a bit crazy around here the past few weeks but I am hoping to get back in the swing of things soon!  

It's officially mid-month which means another sketch over at Colorful Creations!!  
Here's a look at the sketch:


I decided to combine this week with this month's mood board at Scrap Around The World!  


Isn't it fabulous?!?  I've been wanting to do a page with these colors for some time so this was the perfect opportunity to do so!!!
I was inspired not only by the colors, but by the flowers, the texture of the paved road, and also those round, yellow bicycle wheels!!!  I just had to add my circular chipboard piece from Creative Embellishments to represent the wheels on the bike!
Any who... Here's my page:


I really like these colors together... They are perfect for a masculine page!
As you can see, I used papers from the "Capture the Moment" June kit from Frosted Designs!  This kit features papers and embellies from Prima's "Time Traveler" collection as well as goodies from Ranger, Maya Road, and other major manufacturers!!! I've said it a hundred times before but these kits are so wonderful and versatile...  You can make girly pages, masculine pages, off the page projects and so much more!!!

So any who... Back to the layout!!  Hahaha!!! I started the page with one of the Time Travelers papers as my background, then added white Bazzil cardstock on top so that I could "build the page" myself!  I used various Tim Holtz layering stencils, along with inks, mists, gelatos, and molding paste to add some texture and depth to my background.

 
I grabbed a couple of stamps and my Faber Castell big brush pen to create more depth and add designs to the paper!
 
 
 
I've been wanting to use this circular chipboard piece for some time and knew I just had to add it on this page!!!  I coated it with gesso, then added yellow and black gelatos randomly to achieve my desired color.  I sprayed some Lindy's Glitz Spritz for some shine, then topped it off with liquid pearls and enamel accents!
 

I added various embellishments, most coated with some form of inks or sprays to match my layout, including wood veneers and chipboard arrows by Heidi Swapp.
 
 
I finished my page with a title from Creative Embellishments that was given the same treatment as the other main piece! 

 
I'm glad I gave this color combo a whirl, I am truly happy with the end result!!!
 
 
Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)
 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

15 comments:

  1. oh my!!! I am totally in love with your layout! Love the "rays" and texture you have created! Thank you for joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly gorgeous, Brandi! Love the colors and all the textures and depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i definitely love THIS! Thanks for sharing all those close-ups, it's great to see all those wonderful details! Thank you for joining us at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Brandi this is exceptional! I adore it!! Thanks for sharing at SATW xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandi, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the way you altered that chippie circle - it really showcases your photo! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Your layout. Background looks fantastic. Thanks for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous LO and Your background is fantastic. Thanks for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Brandi! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love how you used the colors and that sunburst you created! Love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! I love your chipboard treatment and your background is amazing! I like everything about this! Well done! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificent project! Beautiful background and photos. Harmonious work! Thanks for playing at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background and this lovely frame around the picture. You painted it in a beautiful way. Thank you for playing along with SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS page! In love with it! Thanks for playing along with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Brandi! This is outstanding!! Thanks for playing at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really great!! I saw it at SATW and I fell in love with it! congratulations for your prize there! see you around...
    Silvia (from Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on winning #`1 @ Scrap Around the World! The layout is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete