June 2014

June 2014

Monday, November 4, 2013

Hop Into The New Year With Sketch N Scrap!!!

Happy Monday everyone!!! I really hope you have been enjoying the Sketch N Scrap Holiday Hop so far!!!  




Today, I bring you a wonderfully inspiring card for the New Year!  Not just any card... But a card that was PUBLISHED in the first issue of Let's Get Sketchy's Sketch Inspired Magazine!!!!  Here's a look at the magazine page:


And here is my actual card:


I decided to go with "non-traditional" New Year colors (Black, Gold, Silver, etc) and create something fabulous!!!!  This is what I came up with :-)
I used papers by Coordinations and K&Company.  The die-cut was cut using the Spellbinders "Scalloped Circles" die and my Grand Calibur, and the digi stamp is by "Cuttlebug Cuties".  I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color her in, then topped off the card with clear glitter glue, a ribbon bow and trim, sparkly flowers, and a die-cut clock that was inked and topped with a thin coat of clear glitter glue as well :-)


Now... For the "Good Stuff"!!!!!  
To be entered into a drawing for a FAB-U-LOUS prize pack, make sure you are a follower of the Sketch N Scrap Blog and MY Blog as well.... Then leave me a comment letting me know a New Year's Resolution you actually "stuck" with!!! 
(If you're anything like me, this may be a bit difficult!!! Hahahaha!!!!)  
That's it!!!! Easy peasy, right?!?  One winner will be randomly selected and announced on November 12th!!!! Here's a "peek" at what's up for grabs:


~ MME "Merry and Bright" Double Sided 6x6 Papers
~ K&Company Double Sided "Visions of Christmas" Mat Stacks
~ SEVERAL Holiday Trims
~ Various "Christmas Style" Twine
~ K&Company Glitter and Bling Rosettes
~ Christmas Die-cuts
~ Glitter Snowflakes
~ And MORE!!!!


If you haven't had a chance to check out the AMAZING Halloween ATC Frame that Jennifer made, you can still see it here!!!



If you have missed any of the wonderful inspiration from the previous designers you can just pop on over to the SNS blog to find all the links.



The Hop is scheduled to take a small break after today for our regular blog schedules, but Stephanie will be bringing you some wonderful inspiration for Remembrance Day on November 7th!!!

The hop runs until the 8th November so make sure you check out the SNS blog each day.


On another note, I also wanted to share with you another of my creations that was featured in the magazine!!!!  Here is the magazine page:


And here is the actual page:





You can read more about this page from a previous post here!!!!


Well gang... Wishing you Happy Holidays and as usual.... Thanks for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)



19 comments:

  1. Great card with wonderful colors! I like that you went with something less traditional. A resolution that I stuck with? I think it would be to craft more! I sure do that one well! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Brandi and congrats on having it published. I've been a follower of your blog for awhile and also at Sketch N Scrap. I've seen your projects on many blogs and love them all.
    The one New Years resolution I kept was from 2012 after we had moved to a new neighborhood and my resolution was to get to know my neighbors more and I did just that, I even became our Home Owners Association Treausrer that same year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Brandi on being published!! I am so happy for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being published! What an amazing card and layout! I love using nontraditional colors for New Years! I actually am still sticking with ONE of my New Year's resolutions, giving up drinking Coca Cola....and I feel much better! I really don't even like the taste of it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Brandi! And congrats on getting your work in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting published! I love all the glitter! My New Year's resolutions -- well -- I am not sure I even kept one! However, I do make the same one all the time and that is to get healthier. I suppose you only fail when you stop trying - right? Well, in any case, I keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful card Brandi!! I love the use of non-traditional colors and CONGRATS on the publishing! So far I have stuck with my New Year's resolution to eat or drink veggies daily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being published!! your projects are always darling so I can understand why yours were chosen! I'm not sure I ever kept a resolution thoughout the whole year that is why I stopped making them!! (smile) Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and congrats on being published, Brandi!

    So one of last year's resolutions was to buy less scrapbooking supplies and I DID stick to it...but only for two months. But that was better than the year before so I call that a success! HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful and cute card Brandi. Congrats on being published. Great projects always.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Brandi! Your card is so pretty & your layout is amazing!!! Love them both!
    The only New Year's resolution I have stuck w/ is recycling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome projects!!! Wow....thinking abt New Years already is kind of a mind-boggler. One resolution that I kept was reading the Bible through in a year. I did it that year and the next two, also.

    How lovely of you to offer such wonderful blog candy. I am already a follower of yours by Google Friend and now am a brand-new follower of Sketch N Scrap by Google Friend, too. Yippee!!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  13. my new year's resolution was to get my scrap room cleaned up and organized and I finally did it in August!! yeah. (Had the same resolution the year before and it never happened!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on the publishing! love your non-traditional NYE card! did i even keep any resolutions??? Well, just before the end of the year last year, we started planning our wedding and I really got married (again)! I can't believe it actually happened! wedding and honeymoon are complete! one more reception party to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. uh oh, i hit some wrong buttons, not sure if my last comment went through. so here i go again!
    love your non traditional NYE card!, congrats on gettting published! and a sort of resolution was to get married! done! 10-12-13!

    ReplyDelete
  16. uh oh, i hit some wrong buttons, not sure if my last comment went through. so here i go again!
    love your non traditional NYE card!, congrats on gettting published! and a sort of resolution was to get married! done! 10-12-13!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on being published I always look through your cards and they are so neat and I love the way you design them

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats on getting published. I always look at what you post and your cards it is so neat on how you design them

    ReplyDelete