June 2014

June 2014

Thursday, December 26, 2013

DCWV "Christmas Made" Favor Boxes and other Exciting News!!!!

Hello my crafty friends!!!  I hope you all had a beautiful holiday and are set to have a fabulous (and safe) New Year!!!

Altered Christmas Favor Boxes using DCWV "Christmas Made" Paper Pad
I'm here today to share some easy-to-make favor boxes I made using the DCWV "Christmas Made" paper stack.  I absolutely LOVE this paper pad and all the cute elements that come along with it!!!  I made one of these with the Frosted Designs "Friday Challenge" in mind... The challenge is to incorporate three or more of the following on your project:

- Roses
- Mittens
- Brown Paper 
- Strings
- Cream Colored
- Apple
- Bells
- Wings
- Blue Satin
- Snowflake
- Silver White
- Favorite

Here's a look at the one I made for this challenge: (I used cream-colored gingerbread paper on the base, Angel wings on the die-cut, and metal snowflakes)


I started with pre-cut, standard size favor boxes and adhered the desired pattern paper to the top and bottom portions.  I used a Martha Stewart paper punch to create the piece around the center of this box, then added Petaloo trim atop of it.  I finished by adding various die-cuts by K&Company and a number of embellishments (white and gold flower by Recollections, 3D Christmas tree by Martha Stewart, and metal snowflakes by Momenta)
  
Here's a look at this box from the side:


And here are all of the boxes I created using the same paper pad and K&Company die-cuts:



I added handmade candy jars in the boxes and gave them to my niece and nephews.  These were SUPER easy to make and I will certainly be making them again in the future!!!


"Christmas Greetings" Handmade Christmas Card using MME Lost and Found Christmas
I also wanted to share with you the latest card sketch over at Sketch N Scrap!!!  I totally forgot about this one with the very hectic holidays but better late than never!!! Hahahaha!!!!



And here is my card:


This card was made using the MME "Lost and Found Christmas" 6x6 paper pad.  I cut all the papers to the desired size and inked the edges with Distress Ink.  I fussy-cut the sentiment piece from the same paper pad and stamped the "Christmas Greetings" from Fiskars.  I added two small bells to the chipboard snowflake by "The girls Paperie" along with some sparkling twine!!!  I finished the card with some string, a wood button, and some pearls colored with a Spectrum Noir marker.  


I also have some VERY EXCITING NEWS to share:
The "Christmas" edition of Let's Get Sketchy's Sketch Inspired Magazine is officially out... And I have FOUR PROJECTS that were PUBLISHED in this edition!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here are the pictures of the pages with the original photos beside them:








 



Don't forget... I have some additional exciting news to share with you at the start of the brand New Year... Stay tuned for details!!!!

Well gang... Thanks sooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being published again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being published again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects!!! Thanks for sharing them with us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is awesome == love those little bags!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! Hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being published! Love the little bags! Thank you for playing along with us over at Frosted Designs! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Brandi...congratulations on being published..I'm so happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bags! Congrats on being a part of the FD team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I said before, beautiful projects Brandi!!!! Welcome to the Frosted Designs Team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous Christmas projects! Hope you have a very blessed New Year, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete