June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, February 2, 2014

"Inspired" Magazine Cover Girl!!!!

Hello all!!! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!!! It's actually turned out to be a beautiful day here... Finally!!!
I wanted to share with you something I've been keeping a secret...  I made COVER for the LGS "Inspired" Magazine!!!!  Yay!!!!  


All entrants were to submit a layout based on the following sketch:


I LOVED working this sketch and knew I wanted to make something "pretty" with it!!!!
Here is my take:


Nothing says pretty like a whole lot of pink!!! Hahahaha!!!!
I used the Pink Paislee "Colorwash" and Prima "Delight" collections to make the page.  They actually flowed together quite nicely!
I started by cutting some hearts into the background paper using my Cricut Expression 2, then outlining those hearts with a pink gelato.  I also took the gelato around the edges of the paper to add more pink!!!  The tags were cut from Jillibean Soup "flashcards" that were included in the January Kit over at Frosted Designs!!! I also added some "colorwash" tags that were colored with the same pink gelato.


I used a heart stencil (also in the January kit) and some molding paste colored with the gelato to add a little texture to the page.  I also sprinkled some Tim Holtz distress glitter in Rock Candy for some glitz!


The chipboard word "Happy" by Blue Fern Studios was coated with gesso that was also colored with the pink gelato, and sprinkled with the distress glitter.


The tickets are from the Prima collection and I added a little hand stitching for detail.  I used a Prima "Paquita" flower in the corner, also adding a bit of the gesso mixture for color :-)



Well gang... Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


2 comments: