June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Believe In Christmas with DCWV "Christmas Made" paper stack!!!

Happy Sunday my fellow crafters.  I sure hope you have enjoyed the Holiday Hop over at Colorful Creations!!! There were lots of recipes, projects, and inspirational pieces to get you in the holiday spirit!!!

DON'T FORGET: Sketches4All also has their Jingle Bells Blog Hop coming to you on Tuesday!!!! Stay tuned for more details!!!!


Any who... I'm here today to share a few projects I've been working on for a number of different reasons.  It's been non-stop around here lately and now that we're in December, it's only going to get busier!!!!
I am entering ALL OF THESE challenges in the current Friday Challenge over at Frosted Designs!!!! The current challenge gives you the following items for which you must use at least one of them on your project:

Tags
Paper layering
Washi tape
Flags/banners
Patchwork
Circles
Stitching
Stars
Flowers
Buttons 
Arrows

I made sure to include a couple of these items on all of my projects and highlighted them in RED throughout the post to make the items I chose easily visible!!!

"Believe In Christmas" with DCWV "Christmas Made" Holiday Stack
The first project I'd like to share with you is a holiday layout I made using photos from last year's Christmas Holiday.  I recently purchased the "Christmas Made" Holiday Stack by DCWV and have had sooo much fun playing with it :-)
We are currently hosting a DT Sketch Challenge over at Sketches4all using this amazing sketch by Brenda Ragsdale:


And here is my Christmas Layout:


Aren't these paper just AMAZING?!?  I absolutely LOVE them!!!! 

This is also my Inspirational Page for my Creative Monthly Project Challenge over at Colorful Creations!!!

 I began by turning the sketch a quarter turn clockwise and then got to work!!!!
I knew when I saw the sketch that I wanted to create a "paper tear" for the triangular "break" down the center of the page.  So, that's what I did!!!  Then, I just cut out various pattern papers from the stack and layered them on to follow the sketch.  Of course, I inked all the edges of pretty much everything on this page with "Old Paper" Distress Ink.  
I matted the photos on the red peppermint paper, then layered atop a piece of chipboard and pop-dotted it atop of the page.  I cut up a glittered pinecone that I had from last year and used those pieces, along with a little hot glue, to adhere them directly under the chipboard.  
Here's a look:

I finished it with various embellishments (including a rose button by The Girl's Paperie which was coated with Gold Leafing,  a circle "Merry Christmas" Sticker by Paper House Studios which I matted with a kraft scalloped circle die-cut,  a couple of die-cuts and a "Gather Together" tag by K&Company,  Webster's Pages "Christmas at Home" sticker,  Cosmo Cricket "Love You" wood pieces,  raffia ribbon, and other embellies by Recollections.    
 Here are other close-ups:


I truly LOVE how this layout turned out!!! And, I had a lot of fun making it!!!!  


"Sparkling Holiday" Handmade Christmas Card 
Another project I wanted to share is a Holiday Card I made for Rachelle's Anniversary Party challenge over at Sketches4All.  Her challenge is to create a project using mainly red and white, with a splash of green and couple of bells.  Since I've been on a roll making Christmas Cards lately I have soooo much "stuff" out that I knew I could get this done rather quickly.  
Here's a look at my card:


I used papers by Mod Podge and Recollections.  I fussy cut the trees from pattern paper and added them to the bottom.

 

All the papers were inked using the Festive Berries Distress Ink (which is one my FAVS for this time of year!!!) and then layered on!!!  I used my 2" Circle Punch to cut the star from the paper pad and used pop-dots behind it for dimension.  I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment on Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock by Spectrum Noir, then cut it out and matted it on red,white, and green plaid paper.  I threaded gold ribbon through it for some "sparkle"!!!!  
I finished the card by adding two K&Company chipboard candy canes which I tied a green bow on and hung the bells from.  
Here's a close-up:


This card was very quick and easy, and it came out pretty cute as well!!! I think I have more than enough cards to mail out to family and friends now... But I'm sure you'll see some more in the upcoming weeks!!!! Hahahaha!!!!


Handmade "Monster High" Birthday Card: "Clawdeen"
Okay.... And the last thing to show you is a birthday card I made for my oldest daughter.  Her actual birthday is tomorrow!!! Although her party isn't until next weekend, we are still going to do a small celebration tomorrow (she has no idea!!!) so I thought I'd make a card that totally rocks!!!!
She is IN LOVE with anything Monster High right now, so the party is a Monster High Themed birthday party.  I made Monster High invites per her request, and used left over papers to make this card!!!! 
Here's a look:

I started by layering on various papers, and matting them all with solid black cardstock.  I used a "circles" embossing folder, "circle" Happy Birthday sentiment,  and a black "belt" with "gold circles" as well.  The girl "Clawdeen" was colored in using various Spectrum Noir Markers and Glitter Gel Pens.  I finished it with matted sentiments and a gold glitter star to go with the "Rock Star" theme!!!!

 This card was also entered into Jessica's Anniversary Party Challenge at Sketches4All where the challenge is to use circles on your project.

Well, gang.... As usual... Thanks soooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Brandi! I really love your layering and the variety of textures on that first layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout - I agree that the papers are amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, lovely layout! attention to detail. thank you for joining us at Frosted designs. channa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!!! I truly appreciate your comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your work!! the torn triangle element on the layout is really eye-catching!!! and the cards are gorgeous. I"m so thrilled that you hit so many of our challenge elements this week!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete