June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hola to all my followers!!! (All 10 of you!! Hahahaha) I was able to get little more crafting done the past few days and decided I'd share my wonderful creations with others!!!!! As usual, hope you enjoy and have a lucky day :-)


I'll start by showing a tag that made for a challenge over at Colorful Creations.  The challenge was to create a tag using blues, greens, and purples.  I started by embossing the tag with the "Make a wish" embossing folder by Sizzix and the borders with a dotted folder by Cuttlebug.  I inked the tage in layers using Tim Holtz distress inks in Shabby Shutters, Broken China, and Dusty Concord.  I went over  the dotted border with a blue paint pen to make it stand out a little more.  I topped it off with purple rhinestones, a little lace, and moon and stars embellishments.  I decided to make this for my mother as her birthday is later this month and she just LOVES "moon and stars" themed anything!  


Next, I completed a Guest Designer Sketch Challenge for Romy Veul.  You can check out her blog here...

Here is the sketch I had to work with...

And here is my layout!  This is me and my youngest daughter on my husband's birthday of this year. Ain't she soooo cute???!!! The papers are by Recollections and the punches used are the Martha Stewart daisy punches (big and small).  The butterfly is actually decorative cardstock that I cut out and colored to match the theme of the page.  The metal piece says "You are mu sunshine" and there's a quote that's nearly impossible to see on the bottom that says "Girls, like butterflies, need no excuse"!!!  


Another challenge at Colorful Creations was to create a page about "girlfriends".  Well, my younger sister happens to be one of the closest girlfriends I have.  She is AMAZING!!!! This is me and her on Halloween of last year.  We had a party and everyone dressed as pirates!  The paper is from DCWV seasons paper pad and all the smaller pieces you see are also from the same paper pad.  Nothing fancy here... But a fun page indeed :-)


And lastly, I bring to you a picture of my oldest daughter and myself at a local park in Lakeland earlier this year.  The papers are from various DCWV mat stacks and Recollections.  The quote at the bottom was printed onto vellum using various fonts, then I cut it out and different papers and put them together. It says " Take time to enjoy others to your heart's content"!!!!! Thanks for stopping buy guys!  Hope you enjoy :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment