June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Walking on Sunshine

Well hello everyone!!!!!! It's been sometime so I have LOTS of new things to show you!!!! And I am VERY excited to do so!!!! I'll start with another card I made for Paula's dry embossing challenge at Colorful Creations.  The last two I made did not have enough embossing for me so I really got creative with this one. 

I started by embossing white cardstock with a Tim Holtz Sizzix folder called "Rays".  Then I colored it all in with various watercolor pencils and went to work with my handy paint brush and a cup of water.    I let it dry for a bit then coated the top with Ranger's Perfect Pearls to give it some "glimmer".  To finish it, I tied some twine around the bottom and added a button... Voila!!!!! Sunshine on a card!!!! I think it's beautiful :-)


Here is a close-up of the "glimmer"... hope you can see it!

Another challenge I worked on was the August Sketch challenge over at Sketches4All.  Here is the sketch I had to work with....


And here is my layout!!! I love it!!!
This is my oldest daughter on Father's day of this year.  We went to Picnic Island on the Bay here in Tampa.  Isn't she sweet??? (Don;' let the eyes fool ya... she's a handful!!!)
For this page I started with the pink swirly paper in the background by Cloud9 design.  The others are mixtures of DCWV, K&Company, and Recollections.  I cut the banner with an olive green colored cardstock with a brown shadow and white chipboard letters.  I hid a tag behind the photo to combine this challenge with Anne's "For Girls Only" challenge at Colorful Creations.  I really like the colors on this one :-)


I also completed another sketch challenge at Sketches4All for Kath's Monthly Challenge and combined it with Brenshevia's White Plus One challenge at Colorful Creations.  
Here is the sketch....


I decided on using orange as my bright color to use with white, although I'm not a big fan of it!  I had some photos from July 4th of this year that turned out pretty well.  I usually have a VERY hard time with taking pics of fireworks because I never get the right shutter speed.  It took me nearly the whole time to get these good ones but I'm glad I did!!!
This is my husband with my youngest daughter as she gazes at the lights in the sky :-) She LOVED watching them!!!!



The next project was for Fi's Colour Palette at Colorful Creations.  I really wanted to make a "congrats" card for someone and thought these colors were perfect to do it!  I also combined this challenge with Cheryl's "Get your vintage on" challenge at S4A.  
This is the color pallete Fi chose this month...

I started with a 5x7 card in  navy blue.  I added several layers of colored cardstock to match the pallete. All the edges have been distressed and inked with various Tim Holtz distress inks (Broken China, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, and Faded Jeans).  The top paper is from a K&Company matstack.  I stamped the image on  the top layer then embossed it with dark green embossing powder.  I added brads to the four corners and hand stitched it to meet the challenge criteria.  I also added some twine to this one as well (really like the look!) and added my sentiment.  The end result turned out much better than I originally thought!!! I LOVE it!!!



Thanks for stopping in gang!!! Have a wonderful day :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment