June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, August 26, 2012

You and Me

Hello again!!! Thought I'd share with you a layout I finished for a site I only recently came by called C'est Magnifique!  They are "kit club", where you can purchase kits of scrapbooking supplies that all go together, to form beautiful projects.  Although I do not participate in the purchasing of kits (yet!), I decided to go ahead and enter their monthly sketch challenge.  
Here is the sketch...

And here is my creations!!!


I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a picture of me and my husband on our Honeymoon.  We were all dressed up for the "Captain's Dinner" aboard the Carnival Legend.  
I used various Recollections and DCWV papers for the page and rosettes.  I did not want to add another photo so I decided to make a "Title Box".  The paper in the box already had this beautiful butterfly on it so I just trimmed it down and framed the butterfly with rhinestones.  The title itself is from K&Company.  The glittered butterfly border down the middle is actually just cut from a piece of paper I had lying around.  I also traced some of the leafs at the top with one of my Glaze pens to give them some depth.  I am obsessed with making rosettes, and I thought this sketch called for them!!!! I think they just look soooo nice on this page!!! 

Thanks sooo much for stopping by and have a LUCKY day :-)


2 comments:

  1. Love this page too Brandi - the rosettes are a lovely colour and you did well with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael!!! I really wanted to scrap this photo but I did not want to make a page with two so I improvised!!! I'm still not real sure about it, but it's growing on me :-)

    ReplyDelete