June 2014

June 2014

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Those closest to my heart!

Hola mi amigos!!! It's been a while but I haven't forgot you!!! It's been hectic as usual but I'm getting into a routine (finally!)!!! I have a few projects I'd like to share with you so take a seat and enjoy the show :-)
First, I'd like to bring to you some photos of my wedding day.  A truly beautiful day indeed, and with many photos to recall all the wonderful moments!  I haven't yet scrapped them all but it's a work in progress :-)
The page I made is a picture from my glorious day of myself and my sister.  She was my "Maid of Honor", and for good reason.  She means the world to me... And she is a beautiful, amazing young woman, destined for great things!!! I also used a sketch on this page as well from C'est Magnifique.  It's a new site I came across with some fabulous artwork.  These people are treu artist, and I feel I don't even come close to their creations... but their work inspires me to try new things!!! I also combined the challenge with Brenshevia's Plus One challenge at Colorful Creations.  The object was to create a page using only purple and white.

Here is the sketch I had to work with....

And here is my interpretation of it... I turned the sketch 1/4 turn counterclockwise to accomodate my photo :-)


I truly love how this page turned out.  It is absolutely one of my favs!!!! The papers are all from Recollections (various paper stacks: Old World Theme and ).  The flowers are also by Recollections and the chipboard is actually grungeboard made by Tim Holtz.  The metal pieces are from Making Memories and the small "button" below the big flower is by K&Company.  Love love love this page!!!!

The next page I made is a picture of me and my husband on a staircase aboard the Carnival Legend (one of my favorite photos!!!).  I love how this photo came out... the photographer really was amazing!!!! I followed a sketch from our Guest Designer Challenge over at Colorful Creations.  I will post the sketch once I find it... I seem to have lost it amongst my thousands of pics on here :-)
But here is my layout... 


Isn't it beautiful?!?! I started by using some new papers I purchased from Michaels by Recollections. It's  themed "Old World Stack" and is full of beautiful, almost canvas like, pages.  I used other various Recollections papers as well, and some die-cuts by K&Company.  I couldn't wait to use a new border punch I purchased by EK Success so I added a couple of borders I made from it!!! I then finished it off with some pleated ribbon and flowers.

Another page I made for a different Guest Designer at Colorful Creations is one of my husband and I at a local State park.  We love to go on nature walks when we have the time to do so!!!  I went very easy on this one and kept it simple.  I read an article that stated "every page you make doe not have to b e a show stopper".  That's my problem!!!! I'm always trying to put so much detail and time in each and every page, but sometimes I have many other things to do .  I decided to give it a shot and still try to make a nice page.  So here it is...


I stayed with neutral colors to keep with the "outside" theme of this page.  The papers are a mixture of K&Company and Recollections.  All the embellies are K&Company (die-cuts, title, wording, border, chipboard, and quotes).  I think it came out okay given the simplicity of it :-)

This week I was also busy making a couple of cards.  The first is for a challenge at Colorful Creations for Fi's color palette.  Here are the colors we were to work with...

And my card...


Isn't it lovely?!?!  I purchased a new Prima stamp and just couldn't wait to use it!!! Hahaha!!!! It's just the cutest birthday stamp I've ever seen :-)
The papers are by MME (My Minds Eye) and 7Gypsies.  Stamp and flowers are by Prima.  The banner was made using various Hero Arts "banner" stamps and inked with a Dew Drop Mocha stamp pad.  I also added a little twine to the banner and lace by Recollections to finish it off.  I think this card is so adorable!!!!

Last on the list is a Thank You card made for Tabitha's inspired challenge at Colorful Creations.  I used a sketch by Pagemaps to get me started.  Here is that sketch...


This is my take on the sketch.
                 
 

I tried to incorporate all the "fine" details on this card.  I hope you are able to see my interpretation of the sketch in my creation!!!  I used a standard 5x7 card and papers from K&Company, Bazzil, and 7Gypsies.  The embellishments and rhinestones are from a "card pack" sold by Recollections at Michaels.  The stamp is made by Studio G.  I also used a corner punch to add some design to the corner and detail to the card.  I only hope this brighten's someone's day!!!! After all, that's why I do this :-)

Well, it's been fun.  I appreciate you stopping by and looking at my creations.  Have a LUCKY day :-)



3 comments:

  1. Brandi, you do absolutely BEAUTIFUL work~ never, ever sell yourself short!! So glad you found us @ C'est Magnifique~ and that we could offer up a little inspiration to get you going :). I hope you continue to play along with us~ and if you're ever in the chatty mood, feel free to join in on the fun at the C'est Magnifqiue forums!! We're always there and love to talk about everything from scrapbooking to everyday life~! So stop by and introduce yourself if you get a moment~ would love to hear from you!!

    Take care :)~

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Erin!!!! I truly appreciate your kind words :-) I will definitely check out the site a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandi, so glad you found us at C'est Magnifique. I love your bright and pretty work. Like Erin says there's a whole lot of chatting going on at C'est Magnifique and we'd love to have you join in the fun. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete