June 2014

June 2014

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall is in the air!

Hey gang!!!! I've brought you photos of some wonderful things that I've been making!!!! Sit back and enjoy :-)
First, I've been anxious to show you a project I made for my Creative Monthly Challenge Project over at Colorful Creations!  I wanted something to represent the "Fall" season and what better way to do that than by making  leaves?!?!  That's right... Making your own leaves and putting them on your layout!!!
I started by browsing Youtube for some great ways to make your own fall leaves.  Then, I went to work!!! I used my leaf punch by EK Success, and various stamps to create the "base" for my leaves.  Then, I cut them out, inked them, and curled the edges to make them look real.  I tried different stamping techniques like stamp kissing to give my leaves unique backgrounds. 

Then, I took those leaves and combined them with some beautiful paper by MME to create this wonderful fall themed page!!!!! What do you think?!?!


I started by using Sketch #339 over at Sketch Inspiration.  Then, I took a foil doily I purchased at Walmart and inked it up to make it blend with the background paper.  I used various Recollections papers and embellishments by K&Company and Jolees to finish it off.  Doesn't it just scream "Fall is here"?!?!

For my card challenge this month at Colorful Creations, I decided to base it around stamping.  And since we are in October, I figured why not make it "Halloweeny"!!! I realize everyone doesn't celebrate Halloween so the challenge is merely to show your stamping abilities.  I just had some new Halloween stamps I had to try out!!!!
I started with a standar 5c7 card base and added some decorative purple paper from a K&Company Halloween themed paper pad.  I stamped some flourishes to add to the background paper.  Then, I punched out some borders with the Martha Stewart spiderweb punch and a gate punch by EK Success and added them to the side of the card. I also added some black webbed ribbon I purchased from Walmart.  Since stamping was the theme, I stamped and embossed a spiderweb at the bottom of the card using black embossing powder along with a couple spiders as well.  I stamped the title and then embossed it with white embossing powder and cut it out.  I then stamped the Halloween girl on the front and colored her in using various stamp markers.  I added some pop-dots behind the girl, spiders and title and voila!!!! Isn't it sooo cute?!?!  After I finished it, I decided to make my invites for my annual Halloween party just like it!!!!  It's just soo awesome!!!!



Another challenge I created this month was for the October Fall Crop over at Colorful Creations.  Since we all know I'm obsessed with my stamps, I (of course), based the challenge around using a "Fall type" stamp.  This can be as simple as making a Thank You card for someone.  Just so long as it appears fall like, we're good!!!!  I had actually just purchased some fall stamps by Inkadinkadoo that I was anxious to use so this worked out great for me!!! 
I started with a standar 5x7 card base using a yellow-gold colored cardstock.  I saw a technique on Split Coast Stampers that I've been wanting to do so I made it happen on this card.  You start by dry embossing your image on your paper.  Then, very lightly roll over the raised area with a brayer and some embossing ink.  After clear embossing your image, you ink it with whatever colors you like.  Once it's completed, you pull out your brayer again and roll over the top again with a very light layer of glitter glue.  It is actually very pretty in person.  I finished it with a stamped sentiment that says "gratitude" and some punched borders.  Here's a side view so you can see the glimmer!!!!


Continuing on the Halloween theme, I decided to also make some tags for some very special people.  The first is another bookmark to add to my husband's collection, and of course following the "Tim Holtz" theme.  
I used a tag cut at 5x2 1/4 and added some Halloween paper by Paperhouse Studios.  Then I inked over the tag with various Tim Holtz distress inks.  I stamped and embossed a spooky tree from Studio G and a spider web by Recollections.  I added some black artist tape and orange webbed ribbon, letters from Echo Park and button by K&Company, then finished with a metal piece and Wrinkle Ribbon by Tim Holtz .  Sooo spooky!!!!!!


I then decided to make my mom a Halloween tag using a sketch by Pagemaps.  Here is the sketch...


And here is my tag...


Papers are by K&Company and DCWV.  The embellishments are by K&Company, Recollections, and Martha Stewart.  I added some Studio G ribbon at the bottom and various ribbon at the top.  I think this one is just adorable!!! I'm sure my mom will love it too!!!

Okay, now getting back to "normal" scrapbooking... I made a beautiful page for Anne's "For Girls Only" challenge over at Colorful Creations.  The challenge was to scrap summer photos using fall colors.  I also combined this with Rosey's Tricolor challenge at Sketches4All.  Her challenge was to use rust, brown, and teal. For this one, I used Sketch# 340 from Sketch Inspiration.   Here is the sketch...

For this one, I used a paper by Recollections Signature collection and punched it with the Lucky8 Punch (AWESOME!!!).  Then, I cut up a paper by MME and used my "funny cut" scissors to make them look wavy.  I added the strips to the center of the page to meet the sketch.  I used two K&Company borders at the top and bottom of the strips, chipboard pieces from the K&Company Seaglass collection, then stamped some tropical leaves around the page.  I also used a tiny bit of Gesso in the bottom left corner to stamp a tropical flower.  I cut up a journaling paper by Making Memories and wrote about the photos.  These are pics of my oldest daughter on Father's Day of this year.  We all went to Picnic Island here in Tampa and she was soooo excited to collect seashells!!! I love the soft look of this page!!!! Isn't she darling?!?


Now, yet another page from my sister's Senior Year album!!! Can you believe I'm only half way finished??? Feels like I've been making pages for nearly a year!!! Anyway,  I used last week's Guest Designer sketch from Colorful Creations and combined it with another of Rosey's color challenges.  This one was to use black, white, and lilac purple. Since purple is my sister's favorite color, i went ahead and made it for her!!!
The papers are by Coordinations and DCWV.  I used a punch by EK Success to make the side borders.      I matted all the photos using the same purple paper.  The ribbon behind the title I purchased at Walmart as well as the zipper flower.  The metal title is by "Making Memories (I think).  I have to say, I'm not typically a fan of the colors I used but I think this came together nicely.  


Alright gang, I'm almost finished!!! Just stay with me for another moment and I promise it'll all be over with!!! Hahahaha!!!!! The next page I did was of a photo of my youngest daughter about a month after she was born. 
I used sketch #341 at Sketch Inspiration as my base.  Here is that sketch...

I used my Sampin Up! Bandstand kit to make this page.  For my border, I used my Martha Stewart Large Daisy Punch and my Martha Stewar Large Circle cutter for my circle behind the photo.  I rotated the sketch a quarter turn counter-clockwise to accomodate my photo.  I finished it with various K&Company embellies and tiny ribbon flowers.  I love how bright and vibrant this one is!!!!


And lastly, I bring you a photo of "Girls Night Out"!!!! This is a picture of my girlfriend's and I on my 25th Birthday.  We had a limo for the evening and a night on the town.  What a blast!!!!!
The papers are from SEI, DCWV, and specialty glitter die-cut by K&Company.  The embellishments are by Paper House Studios.  This one was pretty simple as I followed the Guest Designer sketch from Colorful Creations last week.  Go pink!!!!!!!!!!!


Well guys, thanks soooo much for staying this long!!!! And as usual, have a LUCKY day :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment