June 2014

June 2014

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

All White and Deconstructed!!!!!

Hey there everyone!!!! Yes, another post for the day!!!! A little sunshine finally came my way and I was able to take some needed photos :-)
I was able to finish the Deconstructed Sketch # 90 and combine it with Stacy's Card Challenge to create this monochromatic card!!! The challenge was to use the following sketch for Deconstructed, and use only white (for Stacy's challenge).  Only the sentiment can be in color.  I have NEVER taken on the task of an all white card before.  I've seen how beautiful they can be but didn't think I could "make it work"!  Any who, here is the sketch:


And here is my card!!!!!  I am actually very happy with the way it came out!!!!! 


I started by cutting a 5x7 sheet of embossed "leafy" paper and adding a "faux" corrugated board paper on top.  I used the same leaf paper to make my squares, and added a piece of white canvas, cut into a banner, on top.  I actually stamped my sentiment on the canvas, for a different look!!!
I purchased the "leaf" ribbon just a few weeks ago and have been anxious to use it and thought it would go great with the leaf paper :-)  I added some small white roses, that I "tainted" with just a bit of "Spun Sugar" distress ink and some butterflies I made using my EK Succes butterfly punch.  
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did  :-)

Thanks again for stopping in!!!
Have a LUCKY day :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment