June 2014

June 2014

Friday, March 22, 2013

SYS Challenge #4!

Hi there everyone!!! Yet another Friday has come upon us which means another wonderful challenge over at Scrap Your Story!  For this week's challenge, you must incorporate embossing onto your project.  Easy peasy, right?!?  

I decided to heat emboss because it's one of my FAV things to do!!!! I embossed a balloon stamp onto some grungepaper using yello embossing powder by Martha Stewart, then colored in the gaps with various distress markers.  I fussy cut the stamp, then pop-dotted it to the project.  Here it is:

I used papers by October Afternoon (Fly A Kite collection so generously donated to me by Melinda from Let's Get Sketchy!!!) and a photo of my youngest daughter atop her father's shoulders at Disney World.  I also used Sketch #1 from 2 Broke Girls Challenges to complete the layout.... Here is the sketch:


And here is my page:


Isn't this collections darling?!?!?  Thanks soooooo much Melinda!!! I also combined this with Roulien's Counting Blessings challenge on Colorful Creations which requires you to use buttons, handmade flowers, stitching (faux or real), and a quote.  My quote is "Life... sit back and enjoy the ride",  and I also used buttons to complete my handmade flowers.  I used a soufle pen to create a stitched look around the brown pattern papers.  Here's a peak at the flowers...


I LOVE how this page turned out!!! This page was also entered in Becky's Spring Flowers Challenge on Sketches4All where the challenge is to use flowers on your project!

Challenges entered:

Well my friends, thanks for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)



4 comments: