June 2014

June 2014

Friday, June 7, 2013

Basic Grey "Fact or Fiction" Put to Work and Graduation Congratulations Overload!!!

Hello again my crafty neighbors!!! I've been super busy lately making tons of cards for people, challenges, family, and clients.  I thought I'd take a moment to share some of them with you.  Sit back and relax for a minute... And hopefully you will enjoy the show :-)

"Thank You Sincerely" and "Stitched With Love" using Basic Grey "Fact or Fiction"
Well, first on my list is a card I made for Sketch N Scrap's FIRST ever card challenge.. which was May 10th of LAST month!!! How did I miss that?!?!  Who knows but I figured I let you see it anyway :-)
Here is the sketch to follow:

Here is my card:


I have tons of papers and embellies from Basic Grey's "Fact or Ficiton" paper line and hardly ever use it.    So I pulled it out and went to work!!! 
I followed the sketch quite literally being that it was the first... usually I dissect them, flip them, and make them my own!! I distressed all the edges with my distressing tool and left the edges bare, rather than ink them as I usually do.  I added some chipboard stickers, punched a butterfly from an EK Success butterfly punch, and added a couple of pearls just like the sketch.  I also stamped the sentiment, then stamped the word "sincerely" on coordinating paper and used mod podge to adhere it to some scrap grungeboard I had lying around.  Just to add some depth I suppose.  Or maybe I just wanted to play!!! Hahaha!!! Lastly, I tied some hemp cord around the sentiments and made a bow to finish it off!!! 

Now, on to this month's card challenge at Sketch N Scrap...  This is the sketch for the first June card challenge:

And my creation:


As you can see, I used the same paper line and created another "girly" card!!!  Again, I followed the sketch quite literally,  making only minor adjustments.  I hand stitched some embroidery thread around the border, added some "sewing" themed ribbon, and stamped a dress form using Timber Brown Stazon ink.  I finished it off with a couple of pearls, ribbons, and a wooden button by Prima with a bow  tied to the front and back!!! 

Alright, now on to "Graduation".  Seriously, I was so busy making Graduation cards for family, as well as invites for different clients that I dreamt about graduating all over again!!! Hahaha!!! 

Formal Black and White Graduation Card
Here is a card I made for my cousin who is pretty girly in nature.  She's grown into such a beautiful and amazing young woman and I am sooooo very proud of her!!! 
I decided on a trifold card using formal black and white colors.  Here is the front:

The papers are by Recollections, aside from the background card which is black Bazzil Cardstock.  I rounded the corners and added some black ribbon tied in a bow for detail.  
Here is the inside... I had a LOT of fun with this one!!! I had some graduation embellies left over from making my sister's senior year album and was so happy to use them here!!! 

Isn't it soooo cute?!?! Look at the robe... I mean seriously... it's adorable!!!! I used coordinating cardstock by Recollections on the inside as well, and created the "wording" using Powerpoint.  I outlined all the papers with a thick black sharpie (one of my fav things to do!!!) and rounded the corners on the edges to match the outside.  Pretty easy right?!?!  

For the second card, I used the exact same concept as the first (even down to the wording, changing only the font to match the "theme" of this card) but changed the papers in the total opposite direction!!!
My other cousin is an avid hunter and sportsman, so formal black and white seemed just a tad out of character!!! Hahaha!!!!  He also graduated top of his class and we couldn't be prouder of him!!! 

Camo Graduation Card
I had some camouflage paper left over from a frame I made for my father back in March and decided to use it up for the front.  I also added a buckle (also by Tim Holtz) to the outside cover.  I dyed some Tim Holtz "crinkle" ribbon using distress stain in Bundled Saige and Peeled Paint.  I was actually able to add a small eyelet to the ribbon as well so it could stay put in the buckle.  Sort of like a belt!!! 

For the inside, I pulled out some scraps from a Tim Holtz paper pad that matched the theme perfectly!  Lastly, I printed the wording again using Powerpoint and Voila!!!! Another fabulous, yet easy, graduation card!!! 


I also have some graduation invites to share, but must photograph them first!! I'll be sure to post them as soon as we get some sun around here!!! Tropical Storm Andrea has hit Tampa pretty hard and we've had TONS of rain this last week.  Can't wait for the sun to come out again!!!!

Well gang, as usual, thanks for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment