June 2014

June 2014

Friday, June 14, 2013

SYS Challenge # 16... Making Waves!

Happy Friday gang!!! Another week has passed us by and we FINALLY had some sunshine here in Florida!!! I didn't think the rain would EVER let up!!! Just to give you an idea of a view outside my Townhome the past two weeks, I took a pic:

This is literally ALL I've seen for TWO WEEKS!!!! Are you serious?!?  Jeez... Can't a girl get some rays around here?!?!?

Any who, the rain has let up and the sun has undoubtedly come out to play again :-)  And that, my friends, makes me one very happy girl!!! :-)

"Explore Shamu"
Well, being that it is Friday, that means we have another wonderful challenge over at Scrap Your Story!!!  This week, following tradition, is a sketch:

I printed some beautiful photos I took on a recent trip to Sea World and brought them to the table!  Here's what I've come up with:

LOVE this page!!! These K&Company pattern papers were a perfect fit!!! I layered them up as usual, inked all the edges with various distress inks, and stayed pretty true to the sketch.  I hand-cut some flourishes and inked them with "Peacock Feathers" distress ink, then went over them with white liquid pearls.  The "Explore" title was stamped on white cardstock, inked, cut, then pop-dotted (have we made this a word?!?!) to the page.  I also used my circle punch to cut some circles from coordinating paper and added them.  The chipboard letters are by The Girls Paperie and were colored using a "True Black" Spectrum Noir alcohol marker.  I also added some liquid pearls (I keep wanting to call them perfect pearls so if you see that in a post, know that my mind will return shortly!! Hahahaha!!!) to them for added effect!  I made a "bubble" border using a punched border and some distress ink.  Simple, but sweet :-)

"Best of Times Tim Holtz style Birthday Card"
My husband's birthday was on the ninth and I decided to make him a "Tim Holtz" style birthday card.  This is also used for my monthly Card Challenge over at Colorful Creations and my Twisted Thursday Challenge over at Sketches4All.  This month's challenge is to use the "Resist" technique somewhere on your project.  There are many different ways to do this and I will include a link below for my curious visitors!!! Here is the card:

I started by misting, distressing, and inking some kraft cardstock.  Here's a look:


Then I embossed and sanded a piece of Coordinations cardstock using the Cuttlebug Hexagon embossing folder.  For the "resist" part of my card, I stamped a "clocks" image on Ranger Glossy Paper, then clear embossed it.  I then used various distress inks to go over it until I achieved the desired effect.  I also stamped the Tim Holtz "man with the umbrella" on kraft cardstock, and 7Gypsies "Best of Times" quote.  I added various metal gears (also by Tim Holtz) and a wooded piece by The Little Yellow Bicycle.  There you have it!!! A "manly" card for the "manly" man... Hahahaha!!!!  

Well gang, thanks for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment