June 2014

June 2014

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Spookiness Galore at Sketches4All!!!


Happy October all!!!! As most of you know, Halloween is just around the corner... Which means we're seeing tons of ghouls and ghosts all over the scrapbooking community!!! Well, there's no shortage here either!!!! Sketches4All is getting a little "scary" this month and I've been quite busy creating some very "spooky" projects!!!  

(If you're here for the GIVEAWAY, please click HERE!!!!!)

"Lady of the Garden": Halloween Layout using K&Company Papers
This is a layout I created for the DT's October Challenge  over at Sketches4All.  The challenge is for you to create a Halloween or Fall themed layout using the following sketch by Brenda Ragsdale:

Here is my "spooky" page:


These are pictures taken from the annual "Howl O Scream" at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay two years ago.  They pretty much set the entire park up as a giant haunted house, scaring the life out of you at every opportunity!!! It's a BLAST!!!!
I picked up these papers last year made by K&Company and I just LOVE them!!!!  It's actually from two different K&Company Halloween themed paper pads and they are both pretty amazing!!!  I followed the sketch quite literally, adding various K&Company embellies also.  I created the "Lady" title and creepy frame using my Cricut Expression 2.  The rest of the title was created using Thickers and chipboard letters by MME that were colored and coated with clear glitter glue.  


"Enter at Your Own Risk": Spooky Handmade Halloween Invitation
Every year, I host an annual Halloween Party at my house!  It's my FAV party of the year because I totally get carried away with all the spooky decor!!!  I also enjoy making the invitations and seeing how creative I can get.  This year, this is what I sent out:

I started by using my Cricut Expression 2 and "A Frightful Affair" Halloween cartridge to cut out the door frame in a burnt orange cardstock.  Then, I used my "distress" stamp and some Timber Brown Staz On ink to create the distress look on the front.  I took a piece of vellum and stamped several "spooky" images on it and positioned the "door" on top of it.  I finished this part by adhering them both to the top of a pre-cut card made with Coordinations "Black Magic" cardstock so that the outside of the card is black and the inside is red.  AWESOME!!!!
The "caution" tape was created in Powerpoint and printed using bright yellow cardstock.  I topped it off with a small dot of black puffy paint to serve as the "door knob" and inked all the edges.  Then I did this 29 more times!!!! Hahahaha!!!!!  I really like how these came out and it really didn't take all that long :-)


"Danger! Beware!": Creepy Handmade Halloween Card
Our DT team over at Sketches4All is also hosting a "Scariest Card Contest" this month in which the winner will receive a $10.00 gift certificate to A Cherry On Top.  The rules are simple.... Just create the scariest card!!!!  (Guess the name kind of gives it away, huh?!?  Hahahaha) 
Any who....  I had a scrap from my Handmade Halloween Invitations lying around but it was cut with Coordinations Whitewash cardstock.   So, I decided to put it to work!!!!  Here's a look:


I'm sure you can see the similarities!!!  I did make quite a few changes to this one though (Since I didn't have to make 30 of them I could get a lot more creative!!!).  I used my "tree bark" embossing folder and embossed the door frame, then went over the raised areas with "Walnut Stain" Distress Ink.  I again stamped some creepy images on vellum and laid the door on top.  I added trim to the top and bottom, cutting up the edges of it to make it look "scraggly" (is that a word?!?) and added a few embellies by Martha Stewart (skeleton brad) and Jolees (White Pumpkin and skeleton key).  
This time around, I actually cut out the strips of caution tape, and made them into "washi tape" for a different look.  I added a brad for the door knob and finished it with "fake blood" left over from last Halloween!!!  And there you have it... A scary, creepy, Halloweenie card!!!! 

"Eager Eyes": Handmade Halloween Altered Tag
As most of you know, I host a monthly "Tag" challenge over at Sketches4All.  Unfortunately, I've seen little participation the last few months and decided to change it up a bit!!!!   Staring in October, my challenge is now called "Once Upon A Theme...".
Instead of creating a tag, members can submit ANY TYPE OF PROJECT (layout, card, tag, altered items, mixed media, etc...).   The challenge will be based on a "theme" each month (adventure, travel, seasonal, etc...).  Since we are in October, this month's theme is "Spooky"!!!!!!   All you have to do is submit a "Spooky" project and you're in it to win it!!!  
Since I do like making tags (and what better tag to make than a Halloween one) I decided to go ahead with my tag mojo for this month.  Here's a look:


I started with a standard tag and inked it up with various Distress Inks.  I found some checkered pattern paper and cut out all the diamonds in it and then adhered it on top.  I took some Tim Holtz sandable paper, embossed it, sanded it a bit, and layered it on.  I used a thick black Sharpie to outline certain areas as well.  The frame was cut on the Cricut Expression 2 using the "Happy Hauntings" Cartridge, and then I heat embossed the spooky tree in the center.  I finished it with several Martha Stewart chipboard embellies, a skeleton key by Jolees, and Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon that was inked and stained.  Voila!!! Another one bites the dust!!!! 


ALSO~~~~~  Sketch N Scrap will be hosting a Holiday Blog Hop staring October 21st so be sure to put it on your calendar and then stop in and check out the details!!! There will be lots of inspiration and TONS of prizes along the way!!!!  


Well my friends, thanks soooo much for stopping in... Have a LUCKY day :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment