June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Love is in the Air at Sketches4All!!!

Hello again all!!!  It's the beginning of a new month and new week, and that means lots of new challenges and inspiration projects!!!

For the month of February, Sketches4All is having a "Love is in the air" mini-crop in their forum!!!  Stop by and check it out... There are tons of different challenges, prizes, and inspiration to be seen!!!

My challenge is "anything but a card or a layout" for Valentine's day!!!  This can be ANY TYPE of project, so long as it's not a page or card.  Easy enough, right?!?  

I made an altered tag using various techniques.  
Here's a look:


I started with a standard #8 tag and applied a thick coat of gesso on top.  After drying, I misted several Lindy's Stamp Gand "Starburst" mists to add some color and shimmer!  I used black StazOn ink and a cursive print stamp to create the effect on the left side of the tag.  Then, I cut a stencil on my Cricut Expression 2 using the "Edge to Edge" cartridge and applied a thin layer of molding paste over it.  I went over the design with various Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glazes for a bit more color.


I also added a chipboard birdcage by Blue Fern Studios that was stamped with Versamark, then clear embossed.  I sprayed it with white "Dylusions" mist and let it dry.


I finished the tag with a couple of rub-ons and various flowers by Kaisercraft, Heidi Swapp, and Petaloo.  I topped several of the flowers with mist, then a thin coat of gesso for a more distressed look!  I added liquid pearls around the edges and a double bow with a black pearl to to the top!


Well gang... Thanks soooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment