June 2014

June 2014

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Playing with Cardabilities and Tim Holtz!!!!

Hello everyone!!!  I hope you have all had a fabulous week so far!!!!  I've been quite the busy bee lately...  Making everything from cards, to layouts, to altered projects!!!  I have several more cards to make and then I should be done for a while :-)

Today, I am sharing with you a card I made for my father.  I wanted a versatile sketch that could be made into a masculine card as my father is a "manly" man!!!  Hahaha!!!  Any who, I found it through Cardabilities!  I knew the second I saw it that it was perfect for style I was going for!!! 

Here's a look at the sketch:


I took out some Tim Holtz papers that I always fall back on when making something for my husband and father and came up with this:


Pretty masculine, right?!?
I started with cardstock from several different Tim Holtz paper pads and distressed the edges with black soot distress ink.  I used Ranger's glossy cardstock to emboss the gears and cogs, then inked it up heavily with various distress inks.  I fussy cut the clocks from one of the pattern papers and matted them with black cardstock.
I added some metal gears and spinners for an added "masculine feel".  I just LOVE the film tape by Tim Holtz and really love adding photos to it!!!  I picked out some of my favorite photos and added them behind the tape.  


I finished it with a metal sentiment piece that reads "Capture Life's Moments" (PERFECT for the film tape!!!) and hemp cord.  

Well gang...  Thanks soooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


2 comments:

  1. Amazing card!!! :) I can't find the words to say how I love it! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities!
    ~ Olga Kovalchuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have totally rocked your masculine card ... you truly have. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete