June 2014

June 2014

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Playing with the FD January Kit and Sketch N Scrap #19!!!

Hey there my fellow crafters!!!  It's Brandi and I'm back again with all kinds of January kit goodness!!! I've had soooo much fun playing with this one... Seriously!!!  The papers, embellies, and die-cuts are just so "lovable"!!!  I was able to create several projects with just one kit and am here to share a few of them with you today :-)

"Love is in the Air" layout using Teresa Collins "You Are My Happy" 
First on the list is a layout I created using a picture of me and my hubby at a wedding a few years back. Here's a look at the completed page:


Yes, I did the unthinkable and cut up that beautiful Amy Tangerine die-cut page!!!  I really only wanted the letters here and will use the "scrap" as a mask on a future project!!!  



As I said before, one of my FAV things to do is outline things with Sharpie markers.  Well, there is no lack of that on this one!!!  I used a bronze metallic sharpie and outlined several pieces, including the "Love" letters, and used distress ink on the rest.  I also added pop-dots under the "O" in love to create a little dimension:


For the rest of the title, I used the sticker letters by Teresa Collins and DIY Thickers.  These are wonderful because you can do so many different things!!!  I used a pink gelato to add some soft color, then sprinkled the Tim Holtz "Rock Candy" Distress Glitter for some glitz!!


I also used a small heart punch and scraps I had lying around from the kit to create the "flying" hearts at the top of the page.  I used the sharpie to outline them and scored them down the middle.  Here's a closer look:


I finished the page with some added journaling.  I do most of my journaling behind the scenes (usually on a journal card on the back of the page), but decided to make a journal pocket for this layout.  I used one of the journaling cards included in the die-cuts and added a tab to the top.  After creating the pocket, the card slides nicely in and all you see is the tab :-)



"With Love" Valentine's Card using Teresa Collins "You Are My Happy"and Sketch N Scrap #19
Okay... This is my last project of the day... I swear!!!!  I wanted to make a card with this kit as well to show how versatile it can be!!!  I used Card Sketch #19 over at Sketch N Scrap as a starting point.  Here is the sketch:



I flipped the sketch a quarter turn clockwise:


Aren't these papers just beautiful?!?  I LOVE them!!!
This card was pretty easy to make as I pulled almost everything from the January kit.  I used distress ink around the edges of the papers and paper doily.  I added the DIY Thickers (the number 14) to the center and used more of the "Tim Holtz "Rock Candy" distress glitter to the top.  I also added liquid pearls around the center of the doily for added bling :-)


I stamped my sentiment on kraft paper and cut it out in banner shape.  I used a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen to create the "faux" stitched look!!!  


I finished the card with chevron chipboard by UmWow Studios and flowers from the kit!!!



Whew....  Sorry to keep you so long!!!  I hope you enjoyed my projects!!!
Have a LUCKY day :-)

Products from the Frosted Designs Store:

1 comment:

  1. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous and I love your card, amazing style !

    ReplyDelete