June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Everyday Moments for Colorful Creations!!!

Hello there my crafty friends!!!  It's been such a beautiful week here in the sunshine state!!!  Hope you're getting some good weather too :-)

"Enjoy Everyday" with Elle's Studio "Everyday Moments"
I thought I'd share a quick page with you for the new Colorful Creations sketch challenge using the new Elle's Studio "Everyday Moments" Collection from Frosted Designs!!!  Here's the sketch:


And here is my page:



This is a picture of me and my oldest daughter when she was just a toddler...  Boy, does time fly!!!
When I started this page, I knew just what I wanted to do for the background:  I cut out a 10inch circle, then added 1" strips of pattern paper from the collection in random areas.  Then I trimmed off the excess to create the "patchwork" like background!!!  

I used one of my Super8 punches to create the doily die-cut, adding liquid pearls around the edge.  I matted my photo several times and outlined all the pieces with a black sharpie marker. 


 Then, I fussy cut the kraft "days of the week" banner from one of the papers and added Tim Holtz paper string to the top!  I made a rosette and topped it off with a Maya Road bling resin flower to finish the page!  



Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS take on the sketch ! And Look at these eyes... Love how you interpreted the sketch, amazing layout, SO inspiring !

    ReplyDelete