June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Simple Stories "Homespun" Personalized Home Decor!!!

Hello again my crafty friends!!!  I'm up on the blog today to share with you some fabulous projects using the Simple Stories "Homespun" Collection from the Frosted Designs Store!!!  

First, I have to say that I am in love with this collection!!!  I've always been a fan of Simple Stories but this collection totally rocks!!!!  Before I received it in the mail I was already plotting on all the projects I was going to make with it!!!  

I started with a simple altered frame.  Here's a look:

Isn't it adorable?!?  You really can't go wrong with these papers!!!  From the patterns, to the chipboard, cut-outs and die-cuts, you can seriously make a ton of projects!!!

I started with a basic frame and used some mod podge to adhere the red paper as my base.  I added one of the sticker borders that's included, cutting only the length I needed to cover the frame!


Then I just embellished away!!!  I added on some chipboard pieces, layering some of them for added detail, some stickers, and a tiny banner!


I finished the frame with this adorable piece, adding a small bow and tiny resin flower!




Next on the list...  A wall hanging!!!  
First, I have to tell you a little story.  I have this wall hanging in my house, that has this quote on it (almost verbatim!).  One of my very good friends mentioned previously that she loved it!!!  When she went to purchase one, they were all sold out.  So when I saw this quote in this collection, I knew exactly what I was going to do!  
Here's a look at what I came up with:


See how perfect this is for home decor?!?  Love it!!!
I kept this one pretty simple.  I started with one of the pattern papers from the set and matted on the quote, using "Walnut Stain" distress ink around the edges.  I applied some red washi tape from the store to the corners of the papers.


I added a couple of stickers and the chipboard bicycle.  I wanted to personalize this for my friend so I used the sticker letters to add her family's name as well!


Since this is going to hang on the wall, I wanted a very sturdy "base".  I started with a piece of 12x12 chipboard and coated it with gesso.  Once dried, I added several layers of red acrylic paint, then adhered the page to the top of it.  I layered all the pieces to a piece of canvas board for a solid piece!


I finished it with a small piece of ribbon, using a staple gun to attach it to the back of the board.



Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


 Products used from the Frosted Designs Store:


No comments:

Post a Comment