June 2014

June 2014

Friday, May 23, 2014

New Friday Challenge posted at Frosted Designs!!!

Hello again my crafty friends!!!  I'm back today to share a card I made for the new Friday Challenge over at Frosted Designs!!!  

Your challenge is to use STARS and STRIPES on your project!!!  Any type of project is acceptable!!!  Cards, layouts, ATC's, mixed media, etc.  GET CREATIVE!!!!

I know you're probably all sick of seeing the Simple Stories "Homespun" collection from the Frosted Designs Store...  But I just can't leave it alone!!!!  Hahahaha!!!!!  So yes...  I have yet another project with this set :-)
Here's a card I made for the challenge:


LOVE how this card came out!!!!  And I love the bright, bold colors in this line!!  Amazing!!
I started my card with the "Rays" layering stencil by Tim Holtz and some molding paste.  I mixed the paste with Butterscotch Alcohol Ink until I achieved my desired color.  Then I applied it over the stencil on white Coordinations cardstock.


After that was dry, I layered on other papers that were first inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I grabbed one of the quote cards with the set and matted it on Neenah Kraft and inked the edges.  I used my Crop A Dile to punch holes in the chipboard heart and tie some paper string through it!

 

Now, all I needed to do was add some stars!!  I'm addicted to these wood veneers...  I have so many different types and styles and they are my go-to embellishment when I want to add just a little something to my project!  These are by Studio Calico and come in various sizes!  I sprinkled a couple on my card and glued them on!


There you have it!!  Stars and stripes and molding paste, oh my!!!  


Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

1 comment: