June 2014

June 2014

Monday, June 23, 2014

Capture the Moment Altered Clock with Prima's Time Traveler Collection!!!

Hey there fellow crafters!!!  Stopping by the blog today to share an altered clock I made recently for my hubby's birthday!!!  I used June' gorgeous "Capture the Moment" kit from Frosted Designs and other products from previous month's kits as well!!!

Here's a look at the finished piece:


I've wanted to do one of these for quite some time.  The colors and patterns in this kit made it perfect to finally get it done!
I first printed out a clock on one of the Prima papers from the kit and adhered it to the backing of the clock.   I grabbed various embellishments from the kit and my stash and added them around the piece.  This picture was taken on my husband's 28th birthday so the little number piece was perfect!!!


I grabbed some trim and buttons, as well as some brads and added them for detail.  I used the Perfect Pearls mist in this month's kit to add color to the chipboard heart from last month's kit, then used the paint pen from last month's kit to add dimensional dots!


I finished the inside with one more brad that says "Us" and a flower tucked behind the picture!


Here's a look at the complete inside piece:


Now for the hard part....  Getting the clock to look old...  very old!!!!  I wanted an antiqued look and it took me some work!  I first coated the entire clock (which was a bright silver!!!) gesso.  Once dried, I started adding various mists (Lindy's and Dylsuions in store) and using my finger to spread them around.  I added a top coat of Luminarte Silks in Copper Brown for more color and some shine!  


I then wrapped some film strip ribbon around the whole clock!


I embossed and misted some grungeboard from my stash, then added it to the piece with a button and some hemp cord.


I distressed the flowers with ink then added them with some brads and flair around the outer edge.


I finished the clock with a key and metal sentiment from my stash and put it all together!


I've said it a hundred times that Frosted Designs kits are soooo versatile! This is just one of many things I've created using only ONE kit!!!   


Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


Products from the Frosted Designs Store:


1 comment:

  1. Brandi, this is beautiful. Love your talent.

    ReplyDelete