June 2014

June 2014

Monday, September 22, 2014

Last Reveal for Let's Get Sketchy with 7 Dots Illumination Collection!!!

Hello fellow crafters and happy Monday!  It's a bitter sweet day for me today as I say goodbye to the wonderful ladies over at Let's Get Sketchy!  As much as I love working on the team, my life has become quite a bit hectic with my invitation business in full swing! 

So without further ado, here is this week's sketch:

I also combined this sketch with Scrap Around the World's FAB-U-LOUS moodboard for the month of September:


I knew as soon as I saw this board that I wanted to scrap my wedding pics of myself!  My wedding was everything I could've asked for and more and to marry my best friend was (and is still) a fairy tale come true!!!  He is truly my soul mate :-)

I won't get all mushy here on you guys so here is my take on the sketch and board:


I was inspired by the overall "fairy tale" theme of the board and of course incorporated that into my layout in various places.  Also the colors, especially the pinks, greys, and blacks!  The heart box with cogs reminded me of a clock so I added a large clock die-cut in the background and colored it to match the hues on my page!  

I started my page by adding my background using a layering stencil with some molding paste.  Once dried, I used my finger and rubbed various gelatos over top to add some color.  I also flicked some Lindy's Stamp Gang mist for added detail and some shimmer :-)  I found some shipboard squares in my stash and decided to add them to my page as well!  They were colored with Maya Road white mist, gelatos, and mist.


I LOVE Creative Embellishments chipboard and had to add some to my page!  My title and circle panel were coated with gesso, then colored with various inks and/or gelatos, then misted with clear shimmer spray for some shine!  I also added a resin fairy from last month's kit over at Frosted Designs to tie in the overall theme!


I knew I had to have a healthy portion of flowers on my layout so I made a cluster in between the pics, adding more resin pieces along the way!  I used some liquid pearls for added accents in areas around the page!


I finished the page with some letter stickers and bling!!!


Well gang... Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

4 comments:

  1. You have created such a beautiful and elegant layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout! Beautiful photos! Love that you incorporated so much of the Mood Board. The clock and the colors! The flowers are lovely as well! Love all the subtle touches with the masking, the bling the fairy very elegant! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete