June 2014

June 2014

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Case File 160 for CSI: Creative Embellishments Guest Design Team!!!!

Hello everyone!!  Creative Embellishments is one of many sponsors this month over at CSI and this is my take on Case File 160!

Just a reminder, here are the details for the case:
(I highlighted all my "evidence" and "testimony" details in red! This is my VERY FIRST time playing along with CSI and it was quite enjoyable :-) )
160 flat

Here's a look at my page using last month's "Out of the Blue" Kit from Frosted Designs:
Phototastic-2015-04-21-19-17-04


I started by creating a background to the bottom half of the frame (or decorative border, whichever you prefer!) using a mixture of Gelatos and Lindy's Magicals over a primed surface (gesso).  I did some second generation stamping using one of the Damask Stamps from the Damask Stamp Set, then added texture with glitter paste and a Tim Holtz Stencil :-)
DSC00648 (2)


I used a transparent overlay for my pic and some paper ribbon to frame it with a circle!
DSC00652 (2)


I used Tim Holtz "Forest Moss" Distress ink to edge my papers for the green color, then distressed slightly with my scissors.  I tucked my journaling behind my photo, documenting our trip to Jamaica and Grand Cayman aboard Carnival Cruise Lines! I also used a Prima metal "This Way" sign for the subtitle as shown in the sketch :-)
DSC00653 (2)

I finished the page with a variety of flowers and a "Journey" flair piece (travel element) from the Nautical Set l Flair set in the CE Store!
DSC00685 (2)


Here's a close-up of the second generation stamping behind my photo piece, and also the heart I added that was inspired from the picture scene!
DSC00689 (2)

Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment