June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Sunday everyone!!! Back again with another one of my creations! I had a really neat challenge to work with and I am very pleased with the end result. Hope you enjoy and have a LUCKY day!!!

The challenge I had to work with here (from Colorful Creations) was to create a layout with stitching on it.  Different points are given for different types (i.e. hand-stitching, "faux" or machine).  This is a picture of my mother's stepfather between 1960-1970 as he checks the oil in the engine aboard one of his shrimping boats.  I started by using the "printing press" type paper in the background and added several "antique" stickers and embellishments including a Bingo card, crossword puzzle, old measuring tape, and an antiquated post card.  I also chose my pattern paper to fit the theme with "notebook style" paper, paper with clocks, and "tattered looking" paper as well.  The title is hand stitched (obviously could use some work!) and the stitching on the banner is from a Cuttlebug embossing folder I ran through my Sizzix.  There is also "faux" stitching on the bottom right atop brown paper.  Hope you enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment