June 2014

June 2014

Friday, June 8, 2012

Hey there boys and gals!!!! It's me again... bringing you a card today... I know, it's a little different than usual, but I love spontaneity!!! As usual, hope you enjoy and have a LUCKY day :-)

So the challenge (from Colorful Creations) was to create a card drawing inspiration from the card below.  You could be inspired by the layout, colors, or butterfly.  There was also a card challenge over at Sketches4All (http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/) that only required the use of pearls.  I figured I could combine them to test my creativity!!!! Here is the card...


 I chose the colors and the butterfly as my inspiration... I did a little blue and green and decided on red as my contrast color.  This is a card I'm making for a friend who is in need of a "pick me up".  I started with standard red cardstock and cut it to size (5x7 card). I added a matstack from the Mariposa DCWV collection and of course inked the edges with Tim Holtz's distress ink in Broken China.  I stamped the flower in the middle on white cardstock from a mounted stamp I purchased from Michaels some time ago.  I then inked it with several different blues and greens from the distress ink collection and cut it out.  the rest of the flowers are from several different K&Company packs as are the butterflies.  Then I added some very light green pearls on some of the flowers and butterflies.  The stamped quote (Just know I'm here for you) was purchased from the dollar bin at Michaels also!!! (Yes, I'm a bargain shopper!!! In this hobby, its a MUST!!!!)  Well, I hope you enjoyed my card :-) Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment