June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!!!!!

Yes, I LOVE Christmas!!!!!!!! The music, the gifts, the food!!!!! However, when the month of December rolls by, it also means another year has flown by!!!!! Anybody ready for 2013?!?!
Well, with Christmas rolling around fast, I was in the mood for some card making, tag making, and layout making in old Christmas fashion!!! Here's a few things I've been busy making lately...
First, I'd like to show you a card I made for a special online friend.  I also used this card for my December 1st challenge over at Colorful Creations.    The object this month is to incorporate chipboard on your card.  As little, or as much as you'd like!  Here is my sample card...

I used paper from a K&Company mat stack pad and Coordinations.  The chipboard pieces are also from a Christmas themed chipboard pack by K&Company as well!  I punched the borders with a Fiskars border punch and a corner punch for the paper with the tree.   Cute?

Another Christmas project was a layout for my December 1st Project Challenge at Colorful Creations as well.   This challenge was to create a mosaic with your photo.  Yep, cut that pretty thing into tons of pieces because it looks great!!!! 
Here's my example...

Isn't she gorgeous!!!! I just love my baby girl!!! Her birthday is December 2nd, so of course, she is the best Christmas gift I could have ever asked for!!! 
The papers are from a K&Company Christmas stack, and Coordinations.  I embossed the front side of some Whitewash Coordinations cardstock with the "December" embossing folder by Tim Holtz, then sanded it to show the core red color.  I used the reverse side of that cardstock to do some background stamping with various flourish stamps and Gold Brilliance ink by Memento.  Here's that paper before I added it to the layout...  

Then I added some Thickers and gold letters, and Christmas chipboard by K&Company to finish this one off!!! 

"Tim Holtz Inspired Christmas Tag"
I was also in the tag making modd and was able to at least start on some of my Christmas tags.  I made this one for my new tag challenge over at Sketches4All.  It's a monthly tag challenge to get those creative juices flowing.  This month, the focus is on ink.  Any type or kind.  I chose to basically make a "Tim Holtz" style tag using various distress inks, stains, and masks.  
Here's what I came up with...

I started by using Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Tumbled Glass and covering the entire tag.  Then I used Distress Stain in Broken China and went around certain areas of the tag.  I laid down a Snowman mask from a Tim Holtz Season mask pack and went wound him with the Broken China.  I also used some flourish masks and snowflake mask around the tag, going over it with Broken China and blending it in. I added some transparent silver flourishes and a blue angel,  and a snowflake chipboard piece all made by K&Company.  Metal star brads, and Grungeboard flourish, also made by Tim Holtz.  The metal sentiment by Tim Holtz says "reality has limits, imagination is boundless".  I thought it great for this tag!!!

Well, thanks soooo much for stopping by gang.  Have a LUCKY day :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment