June 2014

June 2014

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Playing Catch Up!

Whew!!! After my friend's wedding nearly kicked my butt... I was able to finish up some layouts for challenges I've been wanting to get to!  Oh, and I'll be sure to follow up this post with some pics from the wedding... I wouldn't leave you guys stranded like that!!!!! Any who, here's a look at what I've been busy doing lately....

The first page I'd like to show you is one that I fell in love with after I completed it!  I was thankful to have my friend snap photos of my husband proposing to me and have been wanting to scrap them for quite some time.  Sheshe's Plus 2 Challenge at Colorful Creations gave me the motivation to get it done!  This was also combined with last week's sketch #346 from Sketch Inspiration.  
Here is the sketch:

And here is my layout...


The challenge this month was to create a layout using pink, black, and white only.  I had the perfect paper from DCWV to do it!  I combined it with pattern papers from MME, Recollections, and Cloud9 Design.  This is the first layout I've done using the "zipper effect" where the paper looks to be zippered downward.  I thought it looked AMAZING!!!! And of course I hid some love birds behind it! 
The key is from K&Company, with various other embellies from Soft Spoken, Recollections, and Jolees.  


Another layout I finished with a photo I've been wanting to scrap is this one.  This is my husband relaxing on our Honeymoon aboard the Carnival Legend.  Isn't he so handsome?!?!? I created this one using a sketch from Sketches4All.  Here is the original sketch...

My take on the sketch is a little different, but you get the drift!  The papers are from Momenta, and embellishments by K&Company and Me and My Big Ideas. The border I used was actually gold on the other side but I used my Distress Stain in Rich Mahogany to change it to match the page. 


I was also able to complete our Guest Designer challenge for Colorful Creations this week for the first time in over two weeks!!!! Here is the sketch we had to work with this week...

I chose to scrap photos of my daughter playing around outside one day.  She is sooo photogenic and always ready for the camera!!!!

Papers are by MME and Recollections.  Embellies are Basic Grey, K&Company, and 7Gypsies.  The flower is by Petaloo.

Another sketch I used this week is a "winter themed" sketch by Grand Divas.  It's for another challenge at Sketches4All.  
Here is the sketch:

 I chose to make a not-so-winter themed layout with it though!!!!
My daughter lost her first tooth last month and has been showing it off to everyone!!!! 
Papers are by Cloud9 Design, Embellies by Basic Grey and Momenta, and handmade flowers using the same paper collection.  

And lastly, this is a layout I made for this week's sketch at Sketch Inspiration!  Here is this week's sketch:

 I chose to turn the sketch a quarter turn clockwise to accomodate my photos.  These are pics of me, my daughter, and Maurii at Disney World earlier this year.  We had a wonderful time battling pirates and spinning around in the Tea Cups!!!! 


Well gang, as usual... Thanks for stopping by and have a LUCKY day!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment