June 2014

June 2014

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Deconstructing Heidi Swapp!

Happy Thursday Gang!!!  I have been working on a few things here lately and decided to give you a peak at one of the items!!!

"Take Wing" Handmade Birthday Card using Heidi Swapp
One of my FAV card sketch sites is Deconstruted Jen.  She has WEEKLY sketches to feed your addiction!!! Here is this week's sketch:

I had some Heidi Swapp "Sugar Chic" scraps lying around that were PERFECT for a card for my sister!!!  Here's a look:

I absolutely LOVE this paper line but have certainly used almost ALL of it... every LAST piece!!!!
I followed the sketch quite literally, which is a little unusual for me :-)
I started by using my black Sharpie to outline most of the pieces, and used stamps by Heidi Swapp and Studio 112.  I pulled out my Pink Shimmer Mist to dye the flower ribbon trim, added a few pearls, and a bit of ribbon and various cords.  I hand stitched the pocket on the front, adding a tag on the inside that quotes "You Make My Day"!!!  My sister has recently moved and I miss her dearly... We are as close as close can be!!!! 

Well gang... Thanks so much for stopping in.. Have a LUCKY day :-)

1 comment: