June 2014

June 2014

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New: Card Sketch #7 at Sketch N Scrap!!!

Hey there gang!!! Hope you are enjoying your week thus far!!!
I am writing to tell you about the NEW card sketch over at Sketch N Scrap!!!  Don't forget to stop in and check it out!!!

Handmade Masculine "Lighthouse" Birthday Card
Here's a look at the August 10th Sketch:
Isn't it lovely?!?  I had fun making a birthday card for my uncle using this sketch... Here's a look:
It's a wonderful masculine card for any special man in your life!!!
I used papers by MME and distressed and inked all the edges.  The lighthouse stamp was actually purchased in the dollar bin at Joanns!!!  I couldn't believe the amount of detail in a stamp that cost only $1.00!!!!!  The other stamps are sentiments from a pack by Stampendous. 
For the edge, I cut some kraft paper and stamped it with a "distressed" type stamp using Brown Stazon Ink.  I adhered it to the side, then hand stitched the edge using hemp cord.  I topped off the card with a metal piece by Tim Holtz and a button by Recollections!!!  Voila!!!! Another one bites the dust!!! Hahahaha!!!!!
Well, gang... Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment