June 2014

June 2014

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chills, Thrills, and Frills for 2 Broke Girls!!!!

Hello there my crafty neighbors!!! It's been one busy week around here and I have much to show you!!! So sit back and enjoy the show :-)

As you all know, 2 Broke Girls has a MONTH LONG Sketch A Thon with tons of sketches and prizes galore!!! If you haven't stopped in to check it out, I suggest you do so now!!! It goes a little something like this: Each DT has a sketch for you to complete, as well as the sketches from 2 Broke Girls, each giving you an opportunity to win some goodies.  And what would a Sketch A Thon be without a GRAND PRIZE?!?  That's right!!! The more you complete, the better your chances are... So what are you waiting for?!?  

So far, I've completed sketches 1, 2, 4 (my own), 5, 11, 12, and 13.  There are 14 TOTAL sketches to be completed so I'm about half way there!!!! Here's a look at what I've completed so far...

2 Broke Girls Blog Sketch #1:  Laugh and Play with Crate Paper "Party Day"
Here is the sketch:

And here is my page:


I followed it quite literally, making only a few minor adjustments.  This is my oldest daughter with her father at Disney World earlier last year.  


Tabitha Sketch #2: "Fall Colors" Handmade Fall/Autumn Card 
Here is the sketch:

And here is my card:



I used traditional fall papers by Momenta and various embellies and stamps.


Janet Sketch#5: "Danger" with MME: Handmae Halloween Card
Here is the Sketch:

And here is my card:





I cut up a piece of the "poisons" pattern paper from the MME paper pad, matted them, and outlined it all with a black Sharpie.  Then I just continued on with the theme and added a chipboard piece by K&Company for this "dangerous" looking card!!! 


Michelle M Sketch #11: "Chills and Thrills" Halloween Layout with K&Company
Here is the sketch:

And here is my "spooky" page!!!



These are my girls on Halloween of last year!!! If you look close enough, you can see just how agitated my little one is having to take a photo with her sister!!!! Hahahaha!!!!  
The papers and most embellies are by K&Company.  The spiderweb doily in the background was made by cutting a circle and then using my corner punch to shape it.  Here's the tutorial in case you missed it!!! 


Darcy Sketch #12: "Shine" with Crate Paper Maggie Holmes
Here is the sketch:

And my layout (this one is one of my favs!!!!)


This is my oldest daughter goofing off at the house in her dress up clothes!!!! Quite beautiful she is!!!!
I started by using the Crate Paper "Maggie Holmes" Signature line (which I LOVE) and went to work!!! I'm a sucker for layers so everything gets matted several times.  I also ink all the edges, and sometimes distress a few for added detail.  The stars and arrow are from Heidi Swapp and they were colored with Distress Inks I used for this page (Evergreen Borough,  Picked Raspberry, and Faded Jeans).    The chipboard title "Shine" is by K&Company.  I sanded it just a little bit so that I could add the colors I wanted to match the page.  I topped it off with some Liquid Pearls.   I finished it with some rub ons by Tim Holtz and a few extra embellies!!! 


Pat Sketch #13: "Happy Journey" with K&Company
Here is the sketch:

And here's my layout:


I actually had a lot of fun with this one!!! I got to use one of my MS punch all over the page punches and my liquid pearls.. all on one page!!!! LOVELY!!! Hahahaha!!! All the papers are by K&Company, including the die-cut border pieces on the top left and bottom right.  I added some rub-ons to them for some sub-titling and added detail.  This is my youngest daughter when she was just a few months old.  She still has that same perfect smile!!!!  

Well gang... Thanks soooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)






6 comments:

  1. WOW!! Brandi you are on a roll. Each LO & card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing as always. Love the Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy snap! You are on a gorgeous roll!!! I love the cards and the layouts. Everything just screams fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been busy! Love all your fall/Halloween themed projects, make me want Fall to get here faster then ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy! Love all your fall/Halloween themed projects, make me want Fall to get here faster then ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your beautiful creations, Brandi!! You've really been on a creative roll!

    ReplyDelete