June 2014

June 2014

Friday, September 20, 2013

Making it TOTALLY AWESOME for 2 Broke Girls Scraps!!!

Happy Friday all!!!! Although Fall is upon us, you would not be able to tell that from living here in Florida... What a scorcher!!!!

Any who... As you all know, 2 Broke Girls is hosting a MONTH LONG Sketch A Thon with tons of different sketches and lots of great prizes!!! In my previous post, I shared with you my first few completed sketches (sketches # 1,2,4,5,11,12,13).  This post will share the rest (3,6,7,8,9,10,14)!!! That's right... I've completed ALL the sketches!!!! A little caffeine can go a long way!!! Hahahaha!!!!

A very close friend of mine recently gave birth to her very first baby (it's a boy!).  Since I craft practically for a living, I decided the best gift I could give her would be a handmade Baby Boy Scrapbook!!! It's still a work in progress, but this Sketch A Thon has really moved my progress right along!!!  Keep in mind though, since this is a gift, there are NO PHOTOS in any of these!!!!

Now this friend of mine is no "ordinary" chic... Nope.  She's a TOTALLY AWESOME gal with a ROCKIN personality.  So what better way to express her baby boy's pictures than in a TOTALLY AWESOME baby book?!?  Well sit back and watch the awesomeness... Literally!!! Hahahaha!!!!  I used the "Awesome Boy" signature paper pad by Recollections to make these pages and it's absolutely perfect for this one cool kid!!!  

 Tammy Sketch #3: "Authentic Boy"
Here is the sketch:

And my page:


A few layers of papers, some liquid pearls, and an embossed guitar on Grungepaper complete this page!



Michelle Sketch #6: "Put on your Seatbelt..."
Here is her sketch:

And my layout:


I fussy cut the stars from coordinating paper and pop-dotted a few of them.  I also added some liquid pearls to this one for added detail.  


Miwa Sketch #7: "Boys Rule, Girls Drool!"
The Sketch:

And my page:


Yes, more Liquid Pearls and some more fussy cutting.  I embossed the photo mat and "grunged" it up a bit.  I finished this one with three eyelets down the side for added detail! 


Karen Sketch #8: "Basically, I ROCK"
Here is her sketch:

Here is my page:


I wasn't sure about this one at first but it actually turned out to be one of my favs!!! I fussy cut some banner pieces at the top and added the top of a bingo card.  I also used a Tim Holtz rub-on on some cork, then cut it to look like a banner!!!! I added eight eyelets down the right side of the photo and threaded some Tim Holtz paper cord through it to serve as a pocket for "Love Notes"!!! A couple of K&Company embellies finished this one off!


Cyndy Sketch #9: "This is Me"
The Sketch:

My layout:


This is the second half of a double pager so I flipped this sketch a bit to keep things cohesive!!!  I used layers upon layers, then used my Spellbinders "Sprockets" die to cut out some gears from coordinating paper.  


Tabby Sketch #10: "Rock Star!!!"
Her Sketch:

And my page:


I didn't have much sunlight for this one but the photo seemed to turn out okay.  I added various embellies by K&Company and Jolees for this page, and again with the layers.  It's a habit... a BAD one!!!! Hahahaha!!!!! 

Here is her sketch:

And my final page:


I stayed pretty true to the sketch, of course adding my own flavor to the mix!!! Some more liquid pearls,a few gears and stars, and fussy cut banner pieces.  Simple, yet sweet!!!! 

Well my friends... Thanks sooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)



3 comments:

  1. Brandi, you blow me away! That is one awesome baby album - what a lucky family to receive it! Great takes on the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Stephanie Sketch 14 sponsor. I love how you interpreted the sketch I sponsored! The chevron paper really helps the other elements of this layout pop! Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete