June 2014

June 2014

Monday, December 1, 2014

Advent Calendar for Creative Embellishments with MME Vintage Christmas!!!!

Hello everyone and welcome to December!!!!! Can you say... excited?!?! I LOVE this time of year!!!  

A new month means a new challenge over at Creative Embellishments and we have a spectacular challenge!!! Here's this month inspiration photo:

Creating altered projects is my favorite past time but making Christmas projects is just so much more fun!!! I decided to make an advent calendar for my girls this year using a paper mache one I picked up at my local craft store. 

I coated it in white paint, then added my papers from the MME "Vintage Christmas" paper pad (LOVE the colors and patterns in this one!!), adding some depth with the "Distressed Burlap" stamp. I added a bunch of the Chipboard Snowflakes that were misted with white, then coated with gel medium and glitter! I used the leftover medium mixture and a snowflake stencil to create iridescent snowflakes on the back! I colored the "Merry Christmas" title with red distress ink, homemade glimmer mist, and a green Sakura glaze pen. I used the same glimmer mist(a gold shimmer) to color the Christmas Bulb "hanging" from my title! I finished the calendar with the smaller Santa's Sleigh from the pack, using various mists to achieve my desired results!!!

Here are some close-ups:







Well gang... Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment