June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sending more love your way!!!!!

Hello again!  I have completed a few more challenges and I'd like to share them with you! Hope you enjoy :-)


I'll start with a challenge for the Blog Hop created by Tabitha.  This was an "inspired" challenge meaning you can create your project with inspiration from a photo.  You can use the colors, the theme.. whatever inspires you about it.  
This is the "Inspiration" photo...

I LOVE the colors!!!! I decided to make a card for someone very special to me.  I started with a 5x7 white cardstock base and then started decorating.  I chose to make a gate fold card and punch the inner edges so I could lace up the front.  Then I added bright pink paper by K&Company on the bottom part of the card.  For the top, I added Recollections shimmer paper and embossed it with Tim Holtz embossing folder "Rays" (I LOVE how this paper embosses!!!!).  I laced up the front and left a gap so you can see the shiny teal paper on the inside.  I finished it by adding tropical stickers made by "Me and my Big Ideas".  I'm VERY impressed with my final product!!!! 


Another challenge I made along the hop was for Brenshevia (Sheshe).  The challenge was to create a layout using a summer picture with the color combo provided.  These are the colors she chose...


Very nice and summery!!!! I made a layout using a picture of my oldest daughter when she was about 18 months old.  We purchased a large inflatable kiddie pool with a water slide and "waterfall".  This is her standing in front of the waterfall cooling off!!! The papers are a mixture of Echo Park, Recollections, and DCWV.  The embellishments are also from Echo Park and Recollections.  
I used a sketch as inspiration that I found through Google.  The site is called Scrapbooks Etc..  

This is the sketch... 



And here is my lovely page!!!


I just loved the idea of adding all the circles!!! 

And lastly, I also was able to finish another Guest Designer sketch at Colorful Creations.  Our guest designer  for this week is Kathleen Hernandez.  Stop by her blog and show some love!!!! Any who, this is the sketch I had to work with...


And here is the page I made!!!! My brother and I went Anna Maria Island back in 2009 along with my husband and daughter (of course!).  We don't have many pics together so I cherish the ones we do have.  The papers are Recollections and DCWV.  The embellishments are a mix from Recollections and K&Company.  I really like the feel of this page... Maybe it's because it's me and my brother :-)


Well, "That's All Folks"!!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a LUCKY day :-)



1 comment:

  1. You have certainly been very busy with the blog hop this month Brandi - so happy you are enjoying the challenges! Love your lace up card - it certainly would be fun trying to open it LOL!

    ReplyDelete