June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, August 19, 2012

A little bit of this... A little bit of that...

Well hello  you guys!!!! It's been a while so i have many things to "show off" today!!!! Please take your time to see my wonderful creations and thanks for stopping in :-)
The first thing I'd like to show you is a layout I made for a Guest Designer sketch at Colorful Creations.  We were lucky enough to have Christa Paustanbaugh as our designer and this is the sketch we were to work with....

For my page, I decided on scrapping a picture of my youngest daughter when she was just a baby!!!1 She's about 3-4 months here and comfortably laying in the "boppy chair"!! 
I used papers from Cloud9 Design and embellishments from K&Company (the bird and title) and Recollections (the butterfly). I wanted to keep this very simple to keep with the sketch.  I used my Martha Stewart large "Daisy" punch for the middle border and a K&Company rub on for the flourish around the photo.  It's funny to look at this photo... my daughter will be turning two this Friday and this seems like only yesterday!!! Isn't she amazing?!?


The next item on the list is a page I made for "My Challenge" over at Colorful Creations.  I have started a monthly scraplift challenge to begin on the fifteenth of every month.  I decided to scraplift a page from our very own Caroline J.  Here is her BEAUTIFUL page....


And here is my take on her layout... I decided on papers from Colorbok and Recollections.  The flowers and journaling tag are from K&Company as is the decorative brad by the photo and other various embellishments.  I also decided on using my Martha Stewart large AND small Daisy punch for this page as well :-)


I was also able to complete the weekly sketch over at Sketch Inspiration which is pictured below...


For this sketch, I decided on a layout with photos from my honeymoon.  My husband and I went on a seven day cruise to the western Caribbean where we stopped at Isla Roatan, Honduras.  This island is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!  We took a scenic tour to capture the beauty of the island and I was able to grab some neat photos along the way.  These are just a few.  
The papers are all K&Company as is the title.  The flowers are from Prima and Recollections.  I did try something new on this page and made a "lace flower" (pictured in the bottom left).  I sent my husband to the store for box pleated ribbon and he came back with pleated lace fringe instead.  Well, when life gives me lemons,  I take the tequila!!!! So I decided to cut a piece up and roll it.. that's it!!!! After hot-glueing to some cardstock, I played with the ruffles, added two pins, and Voila!!!! A lace flower at its best!!!


Okay, so those of you who are still with me, I have just a couple more items to show you!!! 
The next page is for the Inspiration challenge hosted by Tabitha over at Colorful Creations.  She provided us with this picture...
And told us to create something wonderful from it!!! Literally, you can draw your inspiration from anything on the photo that moves you... So I decided to take the colors from the letters on the chalkboard and have at it!!!
I started by using a sketch by Rebecca Ludens. 
  Then I just pieced everything together to create this beautiful layout of my oldest daughter on Easter of this year.  The papers are from Stampin Up, title and flowers are from Recollections, and the brads are from Studio G.  I found this AWESOME chipboard pack from Ditto called "resist board".  It is exactly what it sounds like.  You can ink it, color it, or whatever you like to it and the white lines will "resist" the color.  Therefor, you end up with this BEAUTIFUL piece that is extremely easy to make!!!! I used Tim Holtz Distress inks in Wild Honey and Shabby Shutters to color it in.  She is amazing isn't she?!?!?


 Thanks sooo much for stopping in gang!! Have a LUCKY day :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment