June 2014

June 2014

Friday, September 7, 2012

Moments

Happy Friday everyone!!!! I've been so busy lately, making wedding invites, Halloween decor (yes, already!), Bridal Shower invites, AND scrapbooking!!!!!! I was able to complete a few challenges and I thought I'd share them :-)

First, I'd like to show you a page I made for the new sketch site called Sketchers! Every week, a new sketch will be posted to get your creative juices flowing.  There will be a bi-monthly challenge, which puts you into a drawing for some fabulous prizes! 
This is next week's sketch...


And here is my take on the sketch.  


I chose to scrap some photos of my oldest daughter prancing around the house in her swimsuit.  She is sooo photogenic!  The papers are from Recollections, grungeboard by Tim Holtz and painted in Vintage white and inked with Victorian Velvet.  Embellies are from K&Company and Recollections.  I "dabbed" a little into the world of gesso on this one, but just enough to not mess up my paper in case I got too carried away!!! 

Another project I completed was for Rachael's Tag Challenge over at Colorful Creations.  This month, the challenge was to create a standard shipping tag (5x2.25) with the word "moments" clearly visible.  I decided to go "vintage with a masculine look" on this tag.  My husband has been wanting a new bookmark, so I took full advantage of killing two birds with one stone!!!! 

I started by using a Tim Holtz Gears embossing folder to emboss the bottom of the tag.  I distressed all the edges and began to ink away!  I used Tim Holtz distress inks in Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Walnut Stain.  I also went over the gears with Ranger's Perfect Pearls, although I don't have a close-up to show you.  Just imagine the gears with a slight shimmer to them :-) I finished the tag by adding various Tim Holtz clear stamps and a metal gear.  The sentiment at the bottom was stamped on cardstock, then I used a background stamp to give it ome layers.  Then I simply distressed the edges, and inked it to keep the look going!!!! I am in love with the end result, as is my husband :-)
Hope you enjoy as well!!!!!


Well, enjoy your Friday gang and as usual... Thanks for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

5 comments:

  1. I think your page is gorgeous Brandi! So many lovely elements on the page and you have such a pretty little subject in your daughter too!

    Love the tag and appreciate you playing along with my challenge! It gives people plenty of inspiration & I am sure your hubby with love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine tag Brandi, and I lovely layout such a beautiful take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my fellow scrappin divas!!!! You are too kind :-)

    ReplyDelete