June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tim Holtz Birthday Card!

Okay, I will leave you alone after this... I swear it!!!!! I just had to share a birthday card I made for my father this past week.  He's worked in the auto industry his entire life and absolutely LOVES cars.  He truly knows them like the back of his hand... It's amazing!!!!

Any who, I decided to use the Tim Holtz Lost and Found Paper Stash to make this one.  The license plates paper was perfect for the background and I happened to have the car stamp.  I stamped it on the bg paper first, then again on Grungepaper and fussy cut it, added pop dots to the back, and placed atop the other one.   
Here's a look:
I stamped the sentiment directly onto grungepaper and distressed and inked the edges.  All the pieces in the "card holder" at the top were adhered to grungepaper using mod-pode, distressed, inked, and placed inside using super-glue.  I also used my 1inch circle punch to cut out the bottlecap paper from a piece of coordinating paper, and used some mod-podge to adhere it to the top of an actual bottlecap by Tim Holtz.  I used various other stamps by Tim Holtz to make the background on the "orange" paper, added some twine and a button and voila!!! There you have it!!! An awesome vintage card for my dad :-)

Thanks again guys and have a LUCKY day :-)

1 comment: