June 2014

June 2014

Monday, April 1, 2013

Sketches4All Scrap-A-Thon Blog Hop!!!!!!!!

Are you guys ready to start Spring off with a bang?!?!?  Well, what better way to do that than with a Scrap-A-Thon Blog Hop!!!! Get out your tools and paper gang and let's get scrapping!!!!

Welcome to the Sketches4All Spring Blog Hop and Scrap-A-Thon!!! If you have come here from Becky's Blog, then you are in the right place!! If not, and you would like to start from the beginning, please stop by the Sketches4All Scrap-A-Thon Forum!!! 


We're sooooo happy to have you join us!!! Our Blog Hop starts today, Monday April 1st 2013 and runs until Sunday April 7th, 2013.  Winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 10th! You have 7 days to claim your prize... otherwise, you forfeit.  

Now, let's move on to the fun stuff!! There will be inspiration, challenges, and NUMEROUS Prizes along the way!!! Our "Grand" Winner will be crowned "Queen of the Hop" and awarded this FABULOUS PRIZE:

That's right everyone... You're eyes are NOT playing tricks on you!!!! That's a 24 pack of Spectrum Noir Markers in "Bright" hues (along with a zipper case that holds 36 markers), Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for alcohol markers(20 sheets), and a Mulberry Wood "Gone Fishing" Stamp Set!!!! A total prize value of over $50.00!!!!! Holy smokes!!!!

But that's not all... We will also award a $25.00 gift certificate to second place and each of the Design Team members will have challenges and various prizes in the forum of Sketches4All!!!

Be sure to stop by each member's blog and leave them some love, and then head over to Sketches4All and join in on as many challenges as you can!!! You will be entered to win the prizes based on how many of the challenges you enter :-)

With the Hop, we are also introducing TWO new Design Team members: Brenda and Libby!!! We are also lucky enough to have Rachelle as our Guest Designer for the month of April who will be offering a challenge you will NOT want to miss out on!!!! Please make them feel welcome :-)

Now, for my challenge (he he he)... I would REALLy like to challenge your creative abilities!!! Actually, it's pretty simple... Just create anything you want... anything at all that reminds you of Spring... EXCEPT for a LAYOUT or a CARD!!!! This can be a tag, ATC, altered item, easter basket, etc, etc, etc!!!!  BE CREATIVE!!!! Think outside the box :-)

The first thing that came to my mind when I started this project, and thought of "Spring" in general, was the beautiful Cherry Blossom flower.  They start to bloom in various parts of Japan starting anywhere from January, all the way to mid April, and are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Of course, when I think of Cherry Blossom, I think of Japan.  When I think of Japan, I think of "Asian" themed art.  And well, that explains my project!!! Hahaha!!! Like I said... THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!!!
I decided on making a desktop calendar box for my husband, as he absolutely LOVES the "asian" culture.  Here are a few pics...

The inside of the box which is actually downtown Hong Kong.  




With the Calendar in place...


These are the front and backs of the calendar cards I made for the top.  I printed them out using Powerpoint on coordinating cardstock, then used mod-podge to adhere them to heavy cardboard for durability.  


 


And a quick shot of the back... I made the dragon on my Cricut Expression 2 using the "Pagoda" cartridge.  


I started by making the box with chipboard, then used mod-podge to adhere specialty paper with pics of Hong Kong, Kung Fu, and bamboo.  If you're interested in making your own, here is the tutorial...
Well, I certainly hope you've enjoyed my inspiration piece!!!! Now get out there and start scrapping!!!! 

Here is a list of the Design Team lineup:











Thanks for stopping in my friends and have a LUCKY day :-)







23 comments:

  1. Brandi, that is absolutely a gorgeous Desktop Calender Box. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project Brandi.I came over from Becky's blog ...and now I;m hopping over to the next stop.Good luck everyone!
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a really cool desktop calendar - i love the box part since it means you can stash your unused calendars out of sight!!

    I'm very excited to try something new for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi,
    What a beautiful keepsake box, it looks like you put a lot of love in creating this box. And it show its. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm on to the next.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great calendar! I love the Japanese theme - I'm sure your husband must love it! Thanks for the challenge and the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece of artwork! Lots of details and so cool too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing example for your challenge. I'm sure your hubby is loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that boxis awesome, you always keep me thinking,ready to get started

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Project Brandi!! Great Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the box you created. It is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous calendar box! Love all of the papers colors and embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just fabulous, Brandi!! I know your husband will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the desk top box you made your hubby, a lot of work went into that! I'm following your blog, hopping here from Sketches4all scrap-a-thon! For your challenge I'm still sewing, I hope to get my project finished in time :)
    Cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all so very much for all of your wonderful comments!!!!! You ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome project and blog Brandi. Now following your blog. Fantastic!!!!!!
    Huggies
    Rachelle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Rachelle!!! Nice to see you here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning project Brandi!! I am sure your husband loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super duper project Brandi!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks to EVERYONE who participated!!! The hop was a HUGE success and we owe it ALL to our wonderful members!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete