June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tim Holtz "Style" Altered Photo Box

Well Happy Sunday gang!!!  It's been pretty rainy here the past few days so I've been able to catch up on a few things....

Tim Holtz "Style" Altered Box
My husband came to me some time ago and asked me to make him something to keep all his tags and bookmarks I make him.  No problemo!!!!  So I went to Michaels and picked up some photo boxes and decided to get to work!!!  

I started by measuring out all my papers and using Mod Podge to get them on the box.  I covered the lid and inside of the box as well.  After all the paper was down, I went to work embellishing!!!!  I didn't want to do too much, as this is for a "man" and it will also be used quite a bit.  I wanted to stay simple with no bulky embellies.  Here's some pics of what I was able to come up with:

These are the sides of the box.  As you can see, aside from just paper, I added some simple things to add detail like the tags (one of which I stamped with various Tim Holtz stamps) and Bingo card.  I also added a button with Crinkle Ribbon which was dyed using Peeled Paint Distress Stain.  


 For the longer sides, I added various stickers and added a quote straight from a pack of Tim Holtz Stamps!!!  I also stamped the famous "Umbrella Man" using Ranger Archival Ink and added some metal trinkets.  

Now for my favorite part... The top of the box!!!! I had a little more play room here so that's exactly what I did!!!  I started by adding paper and tissue tape to completely cover the lid.  I also used thin black tissue tape to separate the top into "sections".   I used several stamps with the Archival Ink and several tid-bits from the paper stacks.  For added detail, I added metal "hands" on the clock.  The "pictures" were cut into strips from the paper pack and added to form a square.  I also stamped the vintage pointing-hand on some grungepaper, then colored it with Distress Markers and adhered it to the top :-) 




My husband's name is Oscar and he went by the name "Osc" in his younger days which was commonly mistaken for "Ox".  This animal card seemed perfect for him!!!!!


I covered the sides of the lid with tissue tape and added metal "label pieces" as handles.  I also used a different tissue tape to cover the sides.  

As I said, I completed the inside of the box as well.  I started by using paper, then cut several "Alphabet Animal Cards" from a piece of paper from one of the paper stacks.  I separated them with black ribbon style tissue tape.  Then I laid a neutral colored piece of felt on the bottom for a "softer" touch :-)



Well gang... I hope you enjoyed looking at my creative ideas!!!!  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)





3 comments: