June 2014

June 2014

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day with Graphic 45!!!

Hello all and Happy Valentine's Day!!!  I hope your day is filled with lots of love... And candy!!!  Lots of candy!!! 

"Tranquility and Love" Handmade Card using Graphic 45 "Birdsong" Collection
I recently purchased the "Bird Song" Collection from Graphic 45 to make an altered project for my husband.  He just loves asian themed things and this collection is perfect for that!!!  Since I had it handy, I decided to also make his Valentine's card with it as well!!!  I'll have photos of the finished altered piece after the weekend :-)

Any who, here is the card I made:


Isn't this collection GORGEOUS?!?  I absolutely LOVE the style, colors, and well, everything about it!!!!

I started with a black base and just started adding pattern papers.  I fussy cut several elements from the paper pad and added them for detail.  I happened to have some metal cherry blossoms from a past project for the hubby and I added them as well (they went quite nicely with the theme!). 


I also added some tiny flowers and leaves by Petaloo, as well as a chipboard element from the coordinating tags (tranquility).


For the inside, I looked over various Chinese Proverbs until I found one that was perfect for mine and my husband's relationship!!!  It says:
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance.  The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."

The one on the bottom reads:
"The heart that loves is always young"





I am also sharing this with Crafty Creations, where you can upload your most recent paper craft projects, at The Memory Nest!

Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)



2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a pretty card. So many great details. And I love that sentiment on the inside!!! thank you for sharing with us at tMN!!!

    ReplyDelete