June 2014

June 2014

Friday, March 7, 2014

Graphic 45 "Birdsong" with Sketch N Scrap #21!!!

Hello again everyone and Happy Friday!!!!!  It was a bit cold and gloomy here today but it's looking like great weather for the weekend!!!  

"Joy Luck" Handmade Thank You Card
Today I'm here because Sketch N Scrap has another FABULOUS card sketch up and running!!!!  Here's a look at Card Sketch #21:


And here's a Thank You card I made for my mother-in-law:


Yes, I am in LOVE with this collection!!!  I purchased it recently for my husband's Valentine's gift and just can't stop using it!!!  

I used black cardstock as my base and also matted the papers with black or outlined them with a black sharpie marker.  I fussy cut the lanterns from the pattern paper then went over the lines with a Black Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  I topped them off with Enamel accents for shine and dimension.  


I LOVE how this collection can be used for masculine type projects or feminine cards...  It's very versatile!!!  I added a doily to the background to really make it girlie :-)


I finished the card with coordinating chipboard pieces from the collection and some gold ribbon!!!  




"Asian Screen" Altered Tag~ Asian Style
Another project I created using the Birdsong collection is a tag for my husband.  I saw an altered project on Pinterest with a "faux screen" and knew I wanted to replicate the style!  


I cut out a bunch of squares from some pattern paper and added vellum behind it.  I set it aside and created my tag.  There are tons of fussy cut items in the background and several layers underneath as well!  


I finished the tag by adding the "screen" piece on and a metal dragon trinket that was colored using liquid gold and black distress stain.  



Altered Jewelry Box
Okay... I FINALLY had time to upload pictures of the jewelry box I made for my husband on Valentine's day!!!  This was the sole purpose for getting this AMAZING collection in the first place!!!!  And without further ado...  Here it is!!!!! 


Isn't it AWESOME?!?!?  I truly love how this project came out!!!  And I had soooo much fun making it :-)
I picked up the actual box at Joanns.  I knew what kind of finish I wanted on it, but I had to figure out how to create it!!!  I started by coating the box with Liquid Gold and allowing it to dry.  Then I applied a thin layer of black acrylic paint, making sure to show the brush strokes.  This allowed the gold underneath to show through as I wanted!  After it was dry, I applied two coats of Glossy Mod Podge spray to give it a shiny finish!!!!  Some of the black came off before drying, and I decided to keep it that way to give the box personality :-)



I used mat mod podge to adhere the paper to the box in the desired sections.  There are so many amazing papers in this set that it made it very hard to choose!!!
I used the coordinating chipboard pieces to make a very simple,  but decorative lid!  As this will be used everyday, I didn't want too much on the top that would get messed up in the future!




 I added a small "door knocker" plastic piece by Jolees to the center of the box.  It fit perfectly bewteen the top and the drawers!!!  I used a standard black and gold dragon paper to wrap around the backside of the box.  I finished the box with an additional coat of glossy mod-podge for durability!!!  





Well gang...  Thanks soooo much for stopping in!  Have a LUCKY day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment