June 2014

June 2014

Friday, April 11, 2014

New Handwriting Challenge at Frosted Designs!!!

Hello all!!!  It's time again for another amazing challenge over at Frosted Designs!!!

This time around, your challenge is to add handwritten journaling to your project!!!  This can be a title, sub-titling, journaling, doodling, etc....  There is also a requirement to add either paint, inks, or mists to your project!!

I used this AMAZING sketch from Let's Get Sketchy as my base (Sorry it's sooo small and blurry!!!!):


I just so happened to have photos of my youngest daughter's third birthday handy so I decided to scrap those!  
Here's my layout:


I just love the pop of color from the buttons against the black background!!  And this collection from Elle's Studio has quickly become one of my favs!!  It truly is perfect for scrapping "Everyday Moments"!
I started my page with black Bazzil cardstock and scored the lines of the sunburst into the background.  Then I just added various buttons from my collection in groups!


Aside from the buttons, I kept the page pretty simple!  I didn't want to take away from all the buttons by layering up a whole bunch of papers and embellishments!
I used the Kraft Sticker Letters by Elle's Studio and colored them with a Black Sharpie marker.  I also used some Spectrum Noir Markers to color some Thickers I had in my stash to match the colors of the page!


I added some of the wood veneers from the Everyday Moments" pack and used gesso mixed with Ranger's Alcohol Ink in Buttercream to add some color to them.  I misted them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Glitz Spritz for some shine!



I finished my page with some Liquid Pearls and tiny bling dots!!!


Well gang!!!!  Thanks soooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS layout, Brandi! Love all the fun colors and buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete