June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Prima Princess Spring Bouquet with Cricut Explore!!!

Hey there crafty neighbors!!! I'm popping by the blog today to share a fabulous Spring Bouquet I recently made using the beautiful Prima Princess Collection in the Frosted Designs store!!!
 
Here's a look at this project:
 
I knew when I saw this collection exactly what I wanted to do with it!!!  I used my Cricut Explore and Giant Flowers cartridge to make all t e necessary cuts!  There are several other ways to make handmade flowers though!  You can use heart punches or dies, flower punches or dies, or even cut out the petals by hand and attach them to create large, beautiful flowers!

 

I started by cutting out all the petals in random papers from the 6x6 paper pad, then inked the edges with the "Knotted Wood" ink included in this month's kit!  I rolled the edges over various size paint brushes for a more "natural" look:


Here's a look at all three complete finished:

After I finished the top parts, I hot glued some long lollipop sticks to the base in bundles of three for dimension.  Then I grabbed coordinating ribbon colors and wrapped the base of each:
 
I finished all of them with a small bow!

After my flowers were complete, I started on my "vase" (altered mason jar!).

I used the wood icons included in last month's "Beauty of Nature" kit as well as a large Prima flower from the store!  I colored my flower with Lindy's Starburst Pearls mist and inked it with the "Knotted Wood" ink.  I wrapped some tinted rose ribbon around the jar and a small strand of pearls.


Once everything was all said and done, I added the flowers inside the jar and finished it off with a little hemp cord!!!
 

 

Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

Products from the Frosted Designs Store:

1 comment: