June 2014

June 2014

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Festive Embroidery Hoop for CMS Challenge #65!!!!

Hey there everyone!!!!  Can you believe we are already in the month of July?!?  That's crazy!!!!!

It's a new month with lots of new challenges going on!  The first is a color combo challenge over at Color Me Scrappy!  Here's a look:



Since we also need to make this about a celebration, I decided to rock the 4th of July!!!  It's a HUGE holiday here in the USA and it's also our Independence day!  
Here is a look at an altered embroidery hoop I made for this special day:


I have to be honest here...  This looked a whole lot different in my head!!!!  I came up with this idea of just tying various pieces of ribbon around the embroidery hoop and it would look fabulous!!!  Well, I did wrap a TON of ribbon around the hoop, but I'm still up in the air about the finished piece!!!  


I used my Cricut Explore machine to cut out the banner pieces, then attached some twine to them to hang them from the sides!


I grabbed various chipboard letters and the number four from my stash, then painted them and added some glitter!!!!


I used some of the same ribbon to tie a large bow at the top, then added a red, white, and blue button threaded with the red and white twine!


I finished the wreath with tiny red bows all the way around for a little extra detail!!!


And there you have it...  A celebratory wreath for one of our biggest holidays!!!


Well gang..  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

No comments:

Post a Comment