June 2014

June 2014

Friday, August 15, 2014

Brand New "Chevron" Challenge at Frosted Designs!!!

Well hey there neighbors!!!  I'm popping in to let you know about a wonderful new challenge posted at Frosted Designs!!!  All you have to do is add chevrons to your project... THAT'S IT!!!!!  How hard can that be?!?!?  

So after contemplating what I wanted to make, I finally came to the conclusion that I would make a card for my daughter's new teacher!  I always make a card for the first day of school so I went to work :-)

Here's a look:


I used this month's Summer's End kit to create this adorable card!!!

I started with a Kraft base and layered up some papers from the kit, inking the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink.  I added a pocket about half the size of the card to hold one of the wooden pieces included in the kit!  I grabbed my Heidi Swapp Chevron Stencil and my Frayed Burlap Distress Marker to create the pattern on the pocket :-)


I used a couple of flowers and one of the wooden leaves, that was colored with the same marker and coated with Lindy's Stamp Gang Beige magical for shimmer!



I just love this beautiful wood piece and knew I wanted it as part of this card!  I strung some white ribbon through the top and used my marker to go around the very outer edge!


Isn't it wonderful?!?  Easy peasy!  



 Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

No comments:

Post a Comment