June 2014

June 2014

Monday, August 11, 2014

Homespun Happiness with Let's Get Sketchy!!!

Hello friends!!!  I hope you're having a great start to your month!!  I bet most of you are just as excited as I am for the school session to start again!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

Any who... I'm here today with a brand new sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy!  This one was created by our very own Laura Whitaker!
Here's a look at the sketch:


Oh, I love this sketch!!!!  I pulled out my Homespun Collection from Simple Stories to create a simple, yet pretty layout!
Here's my page:


This is my youngest daughter taken earlier this year!
I started with Black Bazzil cardstock as my base and added white splatters using white Dylusions mist.


I added strips of paper from the collection and tucked them behind my photo.  I also used some chipboard circles from 2 Crafty Chipboard that were treated with gesso, various gelatos, and liquid pearls!



For the title, I coated my chipboard with gesso, then added snowcone gelato in an ombre effect!


My last piece of chipboard is this flourish that was also coated with gesso, then I added yellow and gold gelatos for color, and misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray for shine!



Well gang... Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page! Love the color on the navy background. and what a little cutie. Pinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and beautiful. LOVE the colours against that dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout Brandi! Such a cute photo! Love the chipboard pieces and splattered background!

    ReplyDelete