June 2014

June 2014

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Wish Box with Creative Embellishments Chipboard!!!

Hello everyone!!  Winter is officially upon us here in the states and with that comes one of my FAV holidays: Christmas!!!!  I LOVE making altered projects this time of year and there's no lack of them this month!! I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with a fabulous idea for the kids this year!

I found an idea for a Christmas "wish box" on the internet a while back and knew immediately I had to have one!!  I browsed my local craft store and found a shadow box with a slit at the top which made it perfect for this idea! I sanded it down and went to work!

Here's a look at the finished piece:
wishbox
I simply adore this box... seriously!!  And my girls absolutely love it!

I started by removing the backing and adding my selected paper (I again chose the 'Vintage Christmas' paper pad by MME... My new fav go-to Christmas paper!), then created a subtle background using the Distressed Burlap Stamp (my absolute FAV stamp of ALL time!) and some Walnut Stain distress ink.





DSC06183


I needed to keep the backing on this as flat as possible (no flowers or bulky embellies) since this was going to be inside the box.  Chipboard was the PERFECT solution!  I started with the "Spiral Tree", coloring it with Lindy's mist, then going over the stars with a gold leafing pen and adding dots with a white Signo pen as well.
DSC06166


I used a combination of distress inks and homemade glimmer mist for my "Flourish Ornaments" until I achieved my desired colors!  Look at all that shimmer!
DSC06197

I finished the backing with some "Chipboard Snowflakes" which were altered with white mist, gel medium, and iridescent glitter!!


DSC06236

I also added more accents with my Signo pen!


And there you have it!  Once project down, several more to go!


brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment