June 2014

June 2014

Monday, May 28, 2012

Hi there everyone!!! Just bringing you some of my latest and greatest!!! Take your time and look over them!!! Hope you enjoy and have a lucky day!!!

First, I'd like to share with you a card I made for my cousin-in-law.  As I explained earlier last week, she has suffered the loss of a child. This is the sympathy card I made for her.  I started with a standard A-2 card and embossed the front with a cuttlebug folder.  I then cut out a mat stack sheet from K&Company and inked the sides with Tim Holtz distress ink in Broken China (One of my favs).  I finished it by adding a sentiment and several flowers from K&Company and also paper roses from Michaels. I also inked a stencil (HOPE) over the paper with Tim Holtz distress ink in Peeled Paint.  Here is the front....


On the inside I also added a number of flowers from the same packs and a couple of sentiments I purchased from Joanns.  They are from the smaller packs of K&Company called little occasions.  In the background I stamped Thinking of You and a large flower on the bottom with a versa mark watermark ink pad in Champagne.



 On the back I simply stamped with a bouquet stamp I purchased from Michaels and "With Love" from a pack of several stamps also purchased at Michaels some time ago.

 Here is a sketch from Colorful Creations that I was able to complete today... This is my beautiful family on my wedding day!!!! I called this one Inspire!!! Here is the sketch...
And here is my layout... Aren't my kids just too cute??? :-) This page has TONS of layers... most of which are probably too hard to see in a photo.  I started with a paper from the Bella Armoire stack from DCWV... Then I cut a 3/4 circle out of a K&Company paper (the blue one in the very back) and adhered it to the inside of the circle on the base page.  I also cut several different papers to conform to the sketch, most of which are also K&Company.  The pearl and rhinestone accents are also from a K&Company pack (think I have a habit!!!!).  The bright turquoise colored square to the right of the page was actually VERY fun to make!!! (I learned it on youtube!!!) I started by stamping a background from a pack of stamps I purchased at Joanns then clear embossing it... Then I inked the entire paper to include the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Broken China. Added a few "clear" flocked words from a pack also purchased at Joanns though I cant remember who made them... Isn't it wonderful??? And that my friends is it I believe!!! Hope you enjoy and have a LUCKY day :-)


This is another sketch from Colorful Creations posted from last week... I decided to do a page with a pic of my youngest daughter from last year's family photos... Here is the sketch...


And here is my creations!!! Ain't she grand??? This is when she was only five months old.. What a beautiful toddler she has become :-)
This page was actually pretty simple.  I used a pink polka dot paper as the base of the layout then added an orange border which I stamped with multiple flower stamps and multi-color inks... I also punched the border with a recollections bubble punch.  Added a few embellishments from K&Company (several different packs) and a butterfly border which I punched from a Martha Stewart border punch and a paper from SEI. Hope you enjoy!!!!



2 comments:

  1. I love all your creations, they are truly beautiful. How very hard it is to make a sympathy card for a child, but you made a super and tasteful job of it.
    I will be back again to enjoy your work.

    Joan from England aka whitewalls at CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joan! It was very difficult as I have two small children of my own and I just could not imagine losing them. I appreciate your kind words. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete