June 2014

June 2014

Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy July everyone! Hope we are all ready for this fun-filled month!!!! Today I will reveal my project for Colorful Creations as well as others I've been working on. Hope you enjoy and have a LUCKY day :-)

First thing I'd like to show you is a sketch I finished by Marit Calles.  You can check out her blog here... http://ettkreativtkaos.blogspot.com/
Okay, here is the sketch...


And here is my take on it.  This is my oldest daughter and her friend about two years ago.  The picture was taken at my baby shower for my youngest daughter.  They are inside a bounce house we rented for the day.  
For the challenge, I started with the "fern" paper by Recollections.  I used blue and green solid cardstock to mat the photo and added the blue flower cardstock in behind it.  I also used the blue and green cardstock to punch out the "leafy" border on each side of the photo.  I added some flowers and Studio G chipboard pieces.  The bird and "memories" saying is from K&Company.


Here is another sketch challenge from Colorful Creations.  This is from a new series of weekly challenges called "Twisted Blueprints".  

And here is my layout!  This is my me and my husband in Nassau, Bahamas in September of last year. The papers are a combination of K&Company Colorbok.  The embellishments are from several different "vacation themed" packs.  The chipboards sayings are from K&Company's Sea Glass line and the big sun is actually a painted wood piece from Michaels!!!! 


And finally.... here is my FIRST ever challenge as a Design Team Member for Colorful Creations!!!!!!!!  I've named my "series" of challenges "Creative Monthly Projects".  They will consist of challenges that require some form of tutorial, viral or otherwise.  My first project is to incorporate rosettes (one or more) on the layout.  I included the video tutorial previously on the Blog but I will include it again for those who have missed it.  I had a lot of fun with this one!!! This is my husband on his birthday this year. The papers are a combination of Recollections, DCWV, and Colorbok.  I also used the same Fiskars border punch below the photos as I used on the rosettes.  I just love how bright and cheery this page came out!!! Hope you've enjoyed your stay here!!!!! Have a great night :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment